Disney News Thread

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Disney News Thread

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:29 am

Deadline September 7, 2017:
Marvel And ‘Star Wars’ Films To Move From Netflix To New Disney Streaming Service
David Lieberman wrote:Films from Marvel and Star Wars that now go to Netflix will move to Disney’s planned ad-free direct-to-consumer streaming service, CEO Bob Iger said today at an investor gathering. “We’re going to launch big, and we’re going to launch hot” by late 2019, he told the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2017 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference.

Iger adds that it’s “possible” that it will launch in some overseas markets “earlier than we launch in the United States due to windowing opportunities that we have on the motion picture side.”

There’ll be four or five original Disney-branded films made exclusively for the online service, as well as four-to-five original Disney-branded TV series. The app will also have Disney’s film library of nearly 500 films, and 7,000 episodes from the TV library. The CEO expects to have “thousands” of shorts and “will produce more original short-form content” for it.

No word yet on pricing or the amount of Disney’s investment, although Iger says “we intend to get more specific about that in the months ahead.”

The fate of the Marvel and Star Wars films was the main question left hanging early last month when Iger announced his plan to offer direct-to-consumer services: an ad-free one for Disney and Pixar productions, and one with ads for ESPN.

The planned Disney app “will have the entire output of the studio — animation, live action and Disney including Pixar, Star Wars and all of the Marvel films,” Iger says.

The ESPN offering will be available this spring with 10,000 sporting events not on the linear channel. That will include Major League Baseball, National Hockey League, soccer, tennis, “and a lot of college sports.” Disney will begin to discuss pricing in early 2018.

Over time “this will be a sports marketplace platform” similar to iTunes, he says. Users will be able to “buy almost on an a la carte basis a sporting event, a season, a league, maybe a conference…It won’t necessarily be a one-size-fits all” although it may launch as a single offering.

“The goal eventually is to create something that the sports fan can use to design what their sports media experience will be,” he says.

Wall Street was unimpressed, especially after Iger said that this year’s earnings are likely to be “roughly in line” with last year — below expectations. Disney shares are down 3.2%.

Speaking of the theatrical movie business, the Disney chief says “my mantra for films is: Make them big and make them great.”

Industry box office sales have been soft recently because “it was a quiet end of summer, and then some…It’s been slim pickings the last three weeks, four weeks.”

Still, he says that the film business is challenged because “there’s so much more competition for people’s time,” including from streaming services led by Netflix and Amazon.

As a result, “the moviegoing experience is less forgiving” — especially for films with small to mid-sized budgets. “There’s a lot of pressure on them to rise above the din…It’s very, very hard.”

The planned online platform will become the exclusive venue for Disney’s “lower budget films,” he says.

Iger also believes that premium video on demand “will happen, but not for us” as other studios look to “better monetize their investment in films.”

Disney plans a 30-minute short related to Frozen that it will pair in theaters for a few weeks with Pixar’s Coco, due November 22.

“The Frozen franchise is still mammoth, but substantially down from when we released the film and a year hence,” he says. “So this may help that.”

The CEO says that Disney has felt “some impact” from Hurricane Irma: “We’ve seen [theme park] cancellations in Orlando and we’ve also had to cancel three cruise itineraries and shorten a couple of others.”
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm not surprised, Disney's Vault alone is big enough to support a streaming service on its own. Locking down Star Wars and Marvel to the new service is only making it more of a sure thing.

I am a surprised that Disney is already planning to make exclusive movies and T.V. series for the service, between the movies and their various channels Disney already produces plenty of new content every year.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm

CNBC 11/06/2017:
21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:11 am

mr.negativity wrote:CNBC 11/06/2017:
21st Century Fox has been holding talks to sell most of the company to Disney

oh, dear lord, has Disney become the blob or something
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:57 am

Disney’s Fox Talks Are Part of Plan to Compete With Netflix
A new report indicates Disney was in talks to acquire Fox in order to boost their upcoming streaming service and compete with Netflix.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:05 pm

A lot of the articles about the Disney & Fox talks haven't been clear on the issue (at least in their titles). Disney and Fox weren't in talks for Disney to buy the entirety of Fox, but rather 20th Century Fox specifically (the movie studio from which the greater Fox company takes it's name)
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 pm

CNBC 12/05/2017:
Disney and Fox are closing in on deal, could be announced next week
David Faber wrote:Disney and Twenty-First Century Fox are closing in on a deal, and it could come as soon as next week, according to sources familiar with the matter.

CNBC has been reporting that Disney has held talks with the Rupert Murdoch-controlled media company to acquire its studio and television production assets, leaving Fox with its news and sports assets. Fox is also talking with CNBC parent company Comcast, but the talks with Disney have progressed more significantly.

The deal contemplates the sale of Fox's Nat Geo, Star, regional sports networks, movie studios and stakes in Sky and Hulu, among other properties. What would remain at Fox includes its news and business news divisions, broadcast network and Fox sports.

The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal is seen as above $60 billion, according to sources. Current Fox shareholders would get one share of the Fox company that remains after the movie and television assets are sold plus shares of Disney in a fixed exchange ratio.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Yeesh. I really don't like the thought of the Alien film series being under the Disney umbrella.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:01 am

I don't like the idea of one company owning such a vast swath of the media landscape.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dai » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:01 am

Benjamin Haines wrote:Yeesh. I really don't like the thought of the Alien film series being under the Disney umbrella.

You just gave me the mental image of Disney employees in plush xenomorph suits skipping around Disneyland...
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 am

mr.negativity wrote:CNBC 12/05/2017:
Disney and Fox are closing in on deal, could be announced next week
David Faber wrote:Disney and Twenty-First Century Fox are closing in on a deal, and it could come as soon as next week, according to sources familiar with the matter.

CNBC has been reporting that Disney has held talks with the Rupert Murdoch-controlled media company to acquire its studio and television production assets, leaving Fox with its news and sports assets. Fox is also talking with CNBC parent company Comcast, but the talks with Disney have progressed more significantly.

The deal contemplates the sale of Fox's Nat Geo, Star, regional sports networks, movie studios and stakes in Sky and Hulu, among other properties. What would remain at Fox includes its news and business news divisions, broadcast network and Fox sports.

The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal is seen as above $60 billion, according to sources. Current Fox shareholders would get one share of the Fox company that remains after the movie and television assets are sold plus shares of Disney in a fixed exchange ratio.

as i saide before Disney is becomeing the all comsuming blob.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:43 am

I’m SO hoping it falls through somehow.
I don’t want the X-Men to “come home” to Marvel. I don’t want the X-Men in the MCU and I REALLY don’t want to stop getting movies like Logan and Deadpool (and possibly New Mutants). If Disney gets the X-Men, say goodbye to those kinds of movies.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Henry88 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:55 pm

what the mouse wants the mouse gets, the X-Men will “come home” whether they like it or not....the mouse demands it.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:38 pm

This has been going back and forth for weeks....I would love for Marvel to have all its characters back again (not too thrilled with Disney purchasing all other Fox properties but...) It doesn't look like there's much alternative.

I look at animated series like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (the last good one) back in 2011, this was planned before the purchase in 2009, and was the last vestige of how things were prior to it. Since then its always "Oh this show, movie, game etc... cant use this character but we can use that character instead..., or we're gonna retcon/change the comics to fit the movies etc...etc... It's all complete GARBAGE!

You want to see the TRUE Infinity War?....So do I...What's happening next spring, is really cool, and will no doubt make a gazillion dollars, but that ISN'T the True Infinity War.

If it all comes back to Marvel, we can *hopefully* get things the way they should be. I don't really care about adult themed characters, but Disney has Buena Vista films for a reason...If fans want R rated whatever...they can have it. X-Men in a Haunted House (New Mutants) isn't X-Men....I don't know what it is..., but it's not what I want.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:51 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:I’m SO hoping it falls through somehow.
I don’t want the X-Men to “come home” to Marvel. I don’t want the X-Men in the MCU and I REALLY don’t want to stop getting movies like Logan and Deadpool (and possibly New Mutants). If Disney gets the X-Men, say goodbye to those kinds of movies.

Ditto for me. Fox may not be doing everything "perfectly", but they have generally done pretty well with their X-Men movies (and the recent television series/mini-series that they have been running on FX usually). Fox has also been given a lot of flack over the Fantastic Four movies, but the only one that deserves it is the most recent -- even with their few faults (more with the second movie) I think that the first two F4 movies compare favorably with the later MCU films.

I really don't want modern Disney getting ahold of Fox's movie library -- everything would disappear into the Vault never to be seen again. It's been nearly 20 years since Zorro ran on the DIsney Channel (and that was the last holdout of the Vault DIsney block before it disappeared entirely). Disney owns Marvel now and before that they separately acquired the Marvel Productions cartoons and they no longer even run on Disney XD. Modern Disney's poor treatment of the Vault catalog has bothered me for a long time now; Gargoyles, The Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and others were big hits for Disney but we can't even get decent quality DVD releases nowadays much less see the shows (and movies from the Vault) run on any of Disney's channels nowadays. And don't forget about the Disney's classic cartoons, Silly Symphonies and the Disney character shorts, I haven't seen them properly run on the Disney Channel in years (and my nephew will spend several hours watching the channel when he's over) -- even the OnDemand channel Disney Family Movies only runs hack job two minute versions of the classic shorts.
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm

lhb412 wrote:I don't like the idea of one company owning such a vast swath of the media landscape.

Indeed.

Forbes:
A Disney-Fox Deal Would Mean Far More Than Just 'X-Men' Joining Marvel
The combined might of Walt Disney and Fox could essentially rule the theatrical movie industry, for better and for worse.

jellydonut25 wrote:I’m SO hoping it falls through somehow.

Agreed 100%.

The Shadow wrote:I really don't want modern Disney getting ahold of Fox's movie library -- everything would disappear into the Vault never to be seen again. It's been nearly 20 years since Zorro ran on the DIsney Channel (and that was the last holdout of the Vault DIsney block before it disappeared entirely). Disney owns Marvel now and before that they separately acquired the Marvel Productions cartoons and they no longer even run on Disney XD. Modern Disney's poor treatment of the Vault catalog has bothered me for a long time now; Gargoyles, The Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and others were big hits for Disney but we can't even get decent quality DVD releases nowadays much less see the shows (and movies from the Vault) run on any of Disney's channels nowadays. And don't forget about the Disney's classic cartoons, Silly Symphonies and the Disney character shorts, I haven't seen them properly run on the Disney Channel in years (and my nephew will spend several hours watching the channel when he's over) -- even the OnDemand channel Disney Family Movies only runs hack job two minute versions of the classic shorts.

The reason Disney is interested in Fox's vast media library is because Disney is planning to launch its own streaming service in 2019 to compete with Netflix. That could mean that a lot of the shows and movies that Disney is sitting on would eventually be available to stream instantly. It's not the same as having them on physical media but it beats scouring Disney's TV channels for reruns. The '90s Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons have been available to stream on Hulu for years now.

But I really hope Disney doesn't consume Fox's film & TV library.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 pm

O.Supreme wrote:If it all comes back to Marvel, we can *hopefully* get things the way they should be. I don't really care about adult themed characters, but Disney has Buena Vista films for a reason...If fans want R rated whatever...they can have it. X-Men in a Haunted House (New Mutants) isn't X-Men....I don't know what it is..., but it's not what I want.

I care about VARIETY. We can quibble and quabble about the subtle differences in the MCU films, but they're ultimately all one flavor, just with slightly different toppings. There's no comparing Logan to any Marvel movie, Deadpool neither.

And believe it or not, but over the 50+ years of X-Men comics there actually have been stories about them butting up against a lot of different horror tropes. The Demon Bear is one of the New Mutants' most well-known and celebrated stories, and trades on a lot of horror themes and definitely could be adapted into the movie that the trailers are promising. Inferno is another X-Men story that could easily be adapted into something with its foot planted firmly in the world of horror.

I don't really care about the "TRUE" Infinity War, or the "TRUE" Avengers teams or the "TRUE" anything else, because none of it is a direct adaptation. The MCU has strayed pretty far from the comics at this point, and it's fine.

I realize I'm in the minority on this, but just in terms of watching movies, I'd SO much rather have Fox out there taking chances and making off the wall stuff like Logan and Deadpool (yeah, those are both R-rated but that's about where their similarities end) and New Mutants, whether they be good or bad, than just mindlessly consume "pretty good" movies from Marvel ad nauseum....and if Disney gets Fox, we really are one step closer to "superhero fatigue" being a totally valid complaint, because that's an entire franchise wiped clean and crammed into the fold of 'everything else.'
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:And believe it or not, but over the 50+ years of X-Men comics there actually have been stories about them butting up against a lot of different horror tropes. The Demon Bear is one of the New Mutants' most well-known and celebrated stories

Never heard of it

I'm not saying Horror doesn't have its place, I know a lot of people are into it, but stop trying to shove it in franchises awkwardly out of place. There have been Star Trek and Star Wars novels for example that are based in the horror genre, and they don't work, I could not even bring myself to read them. X-Men to me, is basically everything from the 60's to mid 90's. So I may be old and behind-the -times or whatever...but honestly while X-Men, X2, First Class, DofP were good ACTION/Sci-Fi films, to me they never felt like X-Men. No film version has had that true feel yet. Like the feeling I got watching the Fox animated series in the 90's. No film has even come close to that for me. I'm not a fan of the Wolverine character, so the best movie in the world based on him does nothing for me. First Class would have been perfect if not for his pointless unnecessary cameo.

I just don't get why people want movies based on Superheroes, but are not true to the source material? Why not just make new heroes then? We are getting movies about characters in name only basically in many cases. I for one want to see Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, and Prof X all put there intellects together while Spider-Man, Thor, The Thing, Cyclops, The Incredible Hulk and Colossus smash through hordes of enemies to get to Thanos. But no we cant have that.,. Because contracts...even though they are all *technically* still part of the same company... :roll:
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:48 pm

If the New Mutants movie has some basis on a classic, apparently well-liked New Mutants comic story, does that mean you're complaining about a story being faithful to the source material when being faithful to the source material is what you want in the first place, or am I off base? Because it feels as though your issue may be when stories do not fit your personal vision of what comic book movies should be, rather than deviations from the comics being to blame for your dissatisfaction.

Also, is First Class nearly perfect aside from an inconsequential cameo, or an action flick that doesn't feel like X-Men?
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:41 pm

O.Supreme wrote:I just don't get why people want movies based on Superheroes, but are not true to the source material?

For the same reason why I wouldn't want to read a Godzilla comic book that's just a scene-for-scene recreation of an existing Godzilla movie. :o

"True to the source material" can mean so many different things. Clearly, to you, it means replicating the exact contents of particular comic books in cinematic form, shot-by-shot and line-by-line, but can you really not see why most people aren't interested in that?

Not everybody gets into superhero characters by reading comic books. I personally came to know Batman, Spider-Man, and the X-Men as cartoon characters first. I knew they were based on comic books but it was those animated series in the '90s that made me a fan. I got interested in the live-action movies because of those shows but I certainly didn't mind when Bryan Singer's X-Men or Sam Raimi's Spider-Man ended up being unique interpretations instead of scene-for-scene recreations of any of the cartoons I watched.

The appeal of the live-action film versions is seeing these characters come to life. The characters themselves are the appeal, not the specific panels and word balloons of any preexisting comic book issue. Drawing on elements of the comics can work great for the movies just as disregarding other elements can work out for the best.

I mean, does anyone really want to see this…

…play out in a live-action movie? I don't.

It's not like this concept is even unique to movies based on comic book superheroes. For the past hundred years, novels of every literary genre have been adapted into films which rarely, if ever, ended up being faithfully specific recreations of the source material.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 am

THR 12/14/201:
Disney to Buy 21st Century Fox Assets, Including Film Studio; Bob Iger Extends Through 2021
Georg Szalai & Paul Bond wrote:Now it's official. The Walt Disney Co. has agreed to acquire big parts of 21st Century Fox in a deal worth $52.4 billion, or approximately $66.1 billion when including debt, valuing shares of Fox at around $40 apiece while they had traded Wednesday at $32.75.

In another key news update, Disney said that longtime boss Bob Iger has extended his contract as chairman and CEO through the end of 2021.

The acquisition is expected to yield "at least" $2 billion in cost savings "from efficiencies realized through the combination of businesses, and to be accretive to earnings before the impact of purchase accounting for the second fiscal year after the close of the transaction," Disney said.

The companies are preparing for an extended regulatory review and closing process that is seen taking 12-18 months. "The boards of directors of Disney and 21st Century Fox have approved the transaction, which is subject to shareholder approval by 21st Century Fox and Disney shareholders, clearance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, a number of other non-United States merger and other regulatory reviews, and other customary closing conditions," they said.

Fox's stock had traded at $25 a month ago, before it was reported the two conglomerates were close to a transaction.

The deal, which has been in the works for weeks and was confirmed early Thursday, will see Disney buying Fox's film and TV studio, the National Geographic and FX cable channels business, regional sports networks, international networks, including Star India, Fox's 30 percent stake in Hulu and its 39 percent stake in European pay TV giant Sky.

Immediately prior to the acquisition, Fox will separate the Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network into a newly listed company that will be spun off to its shareholders.

The 53-acre Fox studio lot on Pico Boulevard near Los Angeles will stay with that company that will remain under the control of Rupert Murdoch, though it remains to be seen what the plans are for the $425 million piece of property.

Comcast, which had also looked at a possible bid, had on Tuesday said it was "no longer engaged in the review of those assets" and never submitted a definitive offer.

Disney chairman and CEO Robert Iger, 66, has been set to exit his post in 2019, but amid the deal, he has agreed to extend his contract through the end of 2021.

The deal will make Rupert Murdoch, co-executive chairman of Fox, and sons James (CEO) and Lachlan (co-executive chairman), key shareholders of Disney stock. Fox shareholders are expected to end up with about a 25 percent stake in Disney, with the Murdoch family trust owning around 5 percent, according to Bloomberg estimates.

Disney in announcing the deal focused on how "popular entertainment properties" will join the "Disney family," saying: "Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool, as well as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water and The Martian—and its storied television creative units, Twentieth Century Fox Television, FX Productions and Fox21, which have brought The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons and so many more hit TV series to viewers across the globe."

The Murdochs will be in control of what’s left of Fox. It is understood though that James Murdoch could get offered a senior Disney executive role that he would take on once the transaction closes, but the companies didn't immediately announce anything about his future on Thursday.

"The acquisition of this stellar collection of businesses from 21st Century Fox reflects the increasing consumer demand for a rich diversity of entertainment experiences that are more compelling, accessible and convenient than ever before," said Iger. "We’re honored and grateful that Rupert Murdoch has entrusted us with the future of businesses he spent a lifetime building, and we’re excited about this extraordinary opportunity to significantly increase our portfolio of well-loved franchises and branded content to greatly enhance our growing direct-to-consumer offerings. The deal will also substantially expand our international reach, allowing us to offer world-class storytelling and innovative distribution platforms to more consumers in key markets around the world.”

“We are extremely proud of all that we have built at 21st Century Fox, and I firmly believe that this combination with Disney will unlock even more value for shareholders as the new Disney continues to set the pace in what is an exciting and dynamic industry,” said Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of Fox. “Furthermore, I’m convinced that this combination, under Bob Iger’s leadership, will be one of the greatest companies in the world. I’m grateful and encouraged that Bob has agreed to stay on, and is committed to succeeding with a combined team that is second to none.”

The deal talks between the sector giants surprised long-time Murdoch watchers as they had always seen the family as buyers rather than sellers. One analyst said the sale was a sign that the Murdochs see the challenges that the entertainment industry has been dealing with, particularly cord cutting and competition from streaming video services, as increasingly difficult to address.

For Iger, who previously acquired Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel, this is the biggest deal ever, and it is designed to widen Disney's lead as the biggest content company. In the deal, it acquires Fox’s rights to some Marvel movies and Avatar sequels as it gears up to launch a streaming video service meant to compete with Netflix and Amazon.

On Wednesday, analyst Richard Greenfield of BTIG opined that Disney and Fox would face "stiff" regulatory hurdles to get their deal approved and guessed it would take a year or more.

Under the terms of the agreement, shareholders of Fox will receive 0.2745 Disney shares for each Fox share they hold, subject to adjustment for certain tax liabilities. The exchange ratio was set based on a 30-day volume weighted average price of Disney stock. Disney will also assume approximately $13.7 billion of net debt of Fox.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 am

This sucks
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Henry88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am

jellydonut25 wrote:This sucks

it what they call progress .
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Benjamin Haines wrote:
O.Supreme wrote:I just don't get why people want movies based on Superheroes, but are not true to the source material?

For the same reason why I wouldn't want to read a Godzilla comic book that's just a scene-for-scene recreation of an existing Godzilla movie. :o

The reverse is not the same comparison, but Dark Horse did release the Manga adaptation of Return of Godzilla back in the 1980's, I thought it was great. Imagine if IDW was able to make an adaptation from any showa film! :shock: , I'd be all over that, too bad IDW's license expired.

Benjamin Haines wrote:I mean, does anyone really want to see this…

…play out in a live-action movie? I don't.

1. That's not from the Infinity trilogy, that's form something much older. 2. If the source was set in that time period, I'd be all over that it is hilariously fun.

If this deal leads to an X-Men movie that tells a proper origin (No Wolverine necessary) and actually has them in their costumes at some point, it will all be worth it. Also, I know it will take a couple years, but now the X-Men and F4 can be restored to their rightful place in Marvel Comics and all related media instead of them being needlessly shunned for *reasons* .
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm

First off, that scene is from an Avengers fight in the 70s.

Secondly, yes, I want to see a scene like that. Thanos causes his own defeats. I want to see that happen in the movie because that is accurate to his persona in the comics.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television