[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Gridman anime! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Gridman anime!

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Gridman anime!

Postby XvGojira » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:10 am

Watched the two episodes and I'm intrigued. The mystery of why the world resets (are they in the cyber world and not know it?) is great and I kind of love the pettiness behind the antagonist's reasons for releasing the monsters.

Also there's a lot of homages to Shatter Glass Transformers (no idea what that is myself, a comic series?)

http://spankzilla85.tumblr.com/post/179 ... ptainsnoop

http://spankzilla85.tumblr.com/post/179 ... influencer
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm

It seems like the Tumblr community has whole heartedly embraced this series

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:41 pm

^That is amazing. Also, for Transformers fans, there are a ton of hidden easter eggs.

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:38 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:06 pm

The first episode dragged a bit with its tired amnesiac protagonist premise, but once the buildings started crumbling and the cars were being flung all over the place this was pure entertainment. At first I was disappointed that even Studio Trigger have resorted to CG for their large-scale fight scenes, but by episode 3 I find it's so dynamic that it's not bothering me so much.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:11 pm

I fell behind on this show due to real life (y'know how that tends to happen), but I've been catching up this week and I dig it! The series is doing a great job with atmosphere and visual storytelling, the characters are likeable (or highly unlikeable - that Akane is a deplorable psycho), and the monsters are cool, 3D-style issues regardless. The show has a good sense of humor and solid action sequences, with an effective score by Shiro Sagisu. SSS Gridman might not be exceptionally made, but it's very consistent; and if Trigger can keep this up to the end I think they'll have one of their best titles yet.
The guys over at Sakuga Blog are doing a great job - going into the production, the design, etc. Apparently the show is loaded with references to the original Gridman as well as all those Transformers references; I haven't seen the original yet, so I don't tend to catch them (guess I'd better consider that Toku subscription), but it's pretty cool how many details they've snuck in.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:25 am

Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:52 am

Oh, man, that finale has me so pumped right now.
No, I didn't get all the answers I was really hoping for ; but arguably, all the truly important matters were resolved. The final fights and character/monster designs were terrific, and all three of the lead heroes played a part in saving Akane - who, if you ask me, might have gotten off a liiiiiitle easy, but I digress. That very last scene in particular was fascinating, and a great way to end a surreal story on a surreal note. I'm sad this is over, but I'm very glad we got it; I hope Trigger's crew get to make more series like this in the future!!
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Rody
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:07 am

I'm thinking Gridman could be a good fit for Toonami.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:52 pm

So I cheated, after watching only 6 episodes, last night I skipped all the way to 12 *not* knowing this would be the end (that is incredibly short for an anime series) . The last episode was incredibly fun especially with . I do plan to go back and watch the rest though.

I do have one question...Is the main villain ever referred to by name? Khandeshwa/Kilokhan ? I thought especially in the last episode his name would appear a few times, it seemingly never did.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Twelve episodes is pretty standard for late-night, non-kid anime series these days. Just take a look at the yearly listings on MyAnimeList.

Alexis Kerib seems to be the alien's true name, unless I missed a detail somewhere.
Rody
Godzilla

Previous

Return to Anime & Manga