[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Favorite 60's Showa Godzilla Movie • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Favorite 60's Showa Godzilla Movie

Discuss the original series of Godzilla films! From "Terror of Tokyo" to Puppy-faced Super-hero, the Showa Era had something for everyone!

Moderator: Controllers

4%
29%
22%
15%
4%
1%
24%
No votes

Total votes : 68

Re: Favorite 60's Showa Godzilla Movie

Postby Rodan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Rodan
Godzillasaurus

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:06 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Geno » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Welcome to Monster Zero, Rodan!

While I think Mothra vs Godzilla is the best 60's Godzilla movie, I prefer watching Godzilla vs Monster Zero. I enjoy the crazy plot with the Xillians fooling people into giving them Godzilla alongside Rodan. One plot point that I enjoy is the romance between Mizuno's character and Adam's character with Namikawa's eventual death is something you don't really see in a lot of Godzilla movies. Some of the effects shots work really well and I thought the film had a nice pace to it. Monster Zero is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite Godzilla movie in the whole franchise.
The only kind of real fantasy
Geno
Baby Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:27 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:36 am

:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:20 pm

DAM has, always been my favorite, not only of the 60's , but of all Godzilla films. Of course I recognize that films like M vs G, GTTM, the original Gojira etc... are better technical films, but DAM gave me what I always wanted, and because it was always the film I was chasing to see in the 80's but never did until 1991, and then it did not disappoint. When August Ragone told me that DAM played heavily on TV in the 1970's in the Bay Area, but disappeared in the early 1980's , I was a bit taken back, I mean we had several stations playing Godzilla films on a regular basis, why DAM of all those, stopped airing is beyond me. Then to find out it still played in many markets well into the 80's, including Sacramento, which I did not move to until 1990 was such a frustrating tale to hear. I got a Japanese VHS in 1991 (the first time I had seen a Godzilla movie in its original language), then a year later I got a bootleg of the treasured AIP Dub someone taped off TV. It was exactly how I imagined it would sound (in line with most other films of the time). If I had heard the Intl dub first, as it was heard on Sci-Fi a few years later, I probably would not have liked it as much. Although most of my reasons for liking this film are for the visual elements, its amazing how strong a voice track can be, especially when you've built it up in your mind, and it is exactly how you thought it would be. 8)
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 am

The same it has always been since I first saw it 25 years ago, Mothra vs Godzilla. Well okay, I guess that isn't completely true, as it was often a battle back and forth with GTTHM.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gigan71 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:11 am

Destroy all monsters because so many monsters fighting makes for a ton lot of fun.
Gigan71
Godzilla Jr.

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:38 am

GTTHM, followed by GvsMonster Zero...
:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:49 am

Toss up between Monster Zero and Godzilla vs. Mothra. (both by the way are shown regularly on the El Rey Network)
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Showa Era: 1954-1975