[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Rank the following films • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Rank the following films

Discuss the original series of Godzilla films! From "Terror of Tokyo" to Puppy-faced Super-hero, the Showa Era had something for everyone!

Moderator: Controllers

Rank the following films

Postby Gojizilla » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Rank the films listed below from best to worst.

The Mysterians
The H-Man
Daikaijû Baran
Battle in Outer Space
The Human Vapor
Mothra
Gorath
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Matango
Atragon
Godzilla vs. The Thing
Uchû daikaijû Dogora
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Invasion of Astro-Monster
The War of the Gargantuas
King Kong Escapes
Last edited by Gojizilla on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gojizilla
Little Godzilla

Re: Rank the following films

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:54 pm

May I ask why you want these ranked?
Also, here's my take:
Mothra
The Human Vapor
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Monster Zero
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Matango
Atragon
Ghidrah, The Three-Headed Monster
Varan the Unbelievable
The Mysterians
Battle in Outer Space
The H-Man
Gorath

Never watched Songoku...Never heard of that thing until today
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gojizilla » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Gojizilla
Little Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

My favorites of this bunch:
1. Mothra (Great all around movie)
2. King Kong Escapes (Fun movie)
3. Matango (Great story)
4. Godzilla vs. The Thing (Great Godzilla)
5. King Kong vs. Godzilla (Fun Godzilla)

I've never seen Gorath, and really Human Vapor and The H-Man are intermixed into one really weird film in my head, so i'd need some help figuring out which plot elements go with which film. I'd probably have Gargantuas (despite a few great effects scenes) near the bottom.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gojizilla » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:47 pm

Here's my rankings.

Godzilla vs. The Thing
Mothra
Gorath
The Mysterians
Battle in Outer Space
Atragon
The H-Man
The War of the Gargantuas
King Kong vs. Godzilla
King Kong Escapes
Gojizilla
Little Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:17 am

I can't rank them because I love them all and my favorite is based on how recently I've seen them. I have one exception though. Varan the Unbelieveable (USA or Japanese versions) is one of the worst films I have ever seen. It will always be in the bottom of my kaiju movie list. Its as if in 1958 Toho decided to remake Gojira, but do everything bad.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Psycho Soldier » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:52 am

I'll try to rank most of these. I should rewatch a couple (Matango, Mysterians) and I haven't seen Gorath or The Human Vapour, but I have a good grasp on the others.

Mothra
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Atragon
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Frankenstein
Dogora
Ghidorah
H-Man
WOTG
KKE
Varan
Battle in Outer Space

I thought I was gonna put Varan at the bottom, but even though that movie is a dull retread, BIOS left me feeling even a bit colder.
"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:33 am

I didn't see King Kong Escapes the first time or War of the Gargantuas so:
The Best-
Mothra
The Human Vapor
Mothra vs. Godzilla
King Kong Escapes
Monster Zero
King Kong vs. Godzilla

The Rest-
Matango
Atragon
Ghidrah, The Three-Headed Monster
War of the Gargantuas
Varan the Unbelievable
The Mysterians
Battle in Outer Space
The H-Man
Gorath
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:40 am

Difficult, but that's what makes this interesting. Knee jerk reaction to the question:

Monster Zero
The Mysterians
Mothra
Matango
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster
War of the Gargantuas
Atragon
The H-Man
Dogora
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Varan
King Kong Escapes
Battle in Outer Space
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Sat May 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Now I really enjoy all these films but I'll have to put it this way -

Top -
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Matango
Mothra
Frankenstein vs. Baragon

Middle -
The Mysterians
Atragon
King Kong Escapes
King Kong vs. Godzilla
War of the Gargantuas
Dogora

Bottom -
The H-Man
Battle in Outer Space
Varan

Have not seen Human Vapor or Gorath (or The Last War, another I'd really like to).
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 29, 2015 1:14 pm

How I'd rank them, minus The Human Vapor and Gorath since I haven't seen those:

1. Mothra
2. Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
3. Godzilla vs. The Thing
4. Frankenstein Conquers the World
5. The H-Man
6. The War of the Gargantuas
7. Matango
8. Invasion of Astro-Monster
9. King Kong vs. Godzilla
10. Battle in Outer Space
11. Atragon
12. Daikaijû Baran
13. The Mysterians
14. Uchû daikaijû Dogora
15. King Kong Escapes

Of these, the only one I actually dislike is King Kong Escapes - I've tried it several times and honestly can't see what everyone else does. The movie is just painfully bad to me and just about unwatchable.
Pkmatrix
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat May 30, 2015 1:04 am

Favorites
Monster Zero
Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster
Frankenstein vs. Baragon
Matango
Mothra
Mothra vs. Godzilla
The Mysterians

Awesome
Atragon
Dogora
King Kong vs. Godzilla
War of the Gargantuas

Alright
Varan
The H-Man
Battle In Outer Space
King Kong Escapes
(US)

Haven't Seen
The Human Vapor
Gorath
King Kong Escapes
(Japanese)
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby william newell » Sat May 30, 2015 1:22 pm

What? No "Rodan"? That, and the original "Godzilla" are the best of Toho to me...Gotta agree with the general consensus on the worst, however. That would be Varan, great monster in a very cheap feeling movie. In fact, wasn't this the first movie to utilize stock footage?
william newell
Heisei Godzilla

Return to The Showa Era: 1954-1975