[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Weekly Character Spotlight #34: King Caesar • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Weekly Character Spotlight #34: King Caesar

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Weekly Character Spotlight #34: King Caesar

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 am

Interest has pretty much seemed to have died off in these "Weekly Character Spotlights" compared to when they were started back in Feb 2013, which is a real shame (it should be named "Yearly Character Spotlights" :lol: ). I hope to see the "Character Spotlights" resurrected and happening more often down the road.

Anyways, I've chosen King Caesar for spotlight #34.

Below is my Marmit MH King Caesar:

The one thing that sucks about living over in Japan is that I can't take any new photos of many figures, as the majority of my entire collection is back home in the USA. This is the only really photo I have of my Marmit MH King Caesar, so if anyone who has this figure could post their own photos, it would be greatly appreciated.

Some collectors don't seem that fond of the MH King Caesar. Overall, I think it's a pretty good figure, but it's one of those figures that comes off much better when it's seen in person as opposed to a photo. One feature that I don't care for, however, is the awkward leg joints/waist, which comes off as looking a bit off.

Anyways, would love to see more figure photos of everyone's favorite Okinawen deity :twisted: I've also have the Bandai KC figure as well...I'll see if I can find any photos. And since Xplus seems to be reissuing some of the past figures recently, I'll may just have to take the plunge and get it as it looks awesome....
:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Re: Weekly Character Spotlight #34: King Caesar

Postby klen7 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 am

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:10 am

I've never seen that Bonus figure before. I really love the sculpt/colors.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Great MM » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:32 am

What? No love for the King of Kings... King Caesar? For shame, everyone. Ya'll disappoint. I really wish KC would get some more love. I don't hold him in enough high regard to shell out over $150 for an X-Plus or anything... but I would gladly get an SHMA or Revoltech.

Bandai GI Release, Bandai Creation, Ultimate Monsters 2004, High Grade, and Godzilla Chronicles.
The Great MM
Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:59 am

I love The Ole Raggedy Lion to death but unfortunately the only figures I own are a 6 inch bandai and the bandai creations that came out last year.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Personal favorite kaiju of mine. I'd love to see more iterations of him.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby The Great MM » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:20 pm

The Great MM
Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:38 am

Here is an online review of the Xplus 25cm King Caesar from Fresh Vinyl:

Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby gojira138 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Buy Vinyl, Fresh Vinyl!
www.freshvinylhq.com
gojira138
Godzilla Jr.

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:50 am

ere's another online review of the Xplus 25cm King Caesar:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:15 pm

King Caesar should get his own series from Legendary Pictures. He should have a solo movie before appearing in a Legendary Godzilla movie. :idea:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:47 pm

That would be slick, but i don't think Medicom has reissued any of the para baby series.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:08 am

^ What's the difference between that line and the regular Marmit line? I have a Medicom Marmit Godzilla '64.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 am

The G'64 you have is from the Marmit Monster Heaven line, which are generally 8 to 10 inches tall and fairly well proportioned. The Marmit Para-baby line is smaller, usually 6 inches, and slightly deformed with somewhat oversized heads.

Medicom doesn't produce many (any?) of the Vinyl Wars figures. They get various companies (Marmit, CCP, Marusan) to reissue figures and them Medicom distributes them under the "vinyl wars" banner.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Hmmm... well, if Medicom has distributed Monster Heaven figures by the same company I don't see why there'd be a holdup from doing the same with the Para-baby line?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Rody » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:10 am

Speaking as a young, somewhat newbie collector who has only a small taste of Marmit: the Para Baby line is in dire need of reissuing. I'd love to collect those guys more than perhaps any other line right now, if only I could find them for less than $40-whatever they go for now.

On topic... All I actually have of King Caesar is the Bandai Creation figure. I don't think I've even photographed it.......
Rody
Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:32 am

Pretty sure the parababies would be around $40 new if they reissued them... the larger MH figures are usually $60-$100 new, depending on a few factors.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles