[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
eBay general discussion • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

eBay general discussion

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

eBay general discussion

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Greetings All,

I've seen a few topics specific to sellers advertising what they are selling on eBay, but not really topic about the site itself, and our experiences (positive or negative), so I thought I'd start one.

I know I take note of some some odd anniversaries, but it's hard to believe, I've just passed my 20th year of having the same account on eBay. I just wish there was a way to look up old history. I'm fairly certain i know what the first item i purchased was, but I'd just like to see a record of it, for novelties sake. I've had a fair amount of good experience as a buyer and seller on eBay, of course some bad experiences as well, thankfully not too many though. I will say, although I had the fortunate circumstance of growing up in quite a diverse area, which included several areas dedicated to Asian commerce, eBay did allow me to purchase many toys and other items I might otherwise not be able to.

If anyone wants to write about their experiences here, feel free. Also, Weird Al has the best song ever about this site 8)

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: eBay general discussion

Postby klen7 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 pm

I have many good experiences on ebay, i still have most of my ebay history saved in my email account so it's interesting sometimes to see what i paid for stuff back in the day. Only had one bad experience as a buyer that needed to be escalated when i tried to buy a Christmas gift that was listed as brand new only to arrive heavily used. I also received one negative feedback because the post office smashed a box in transit and the buyer said it was my fault for not packing it better because it could have been lost - the item wasn't damaged, but my perfect record was.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:50 am

The only bad experience I've had with eBay was in the late 90s/early 2000s (before 2004). I was trying to order the then OOP DVD copy of The Wolf Man. I found it for reasonably priced around $30 when at the time most copies where going for $60+ so I immediately jumped on it. I didn't bother checking the sellers feedback or else I'd notice that they had a bad habit of sending the wrong DVD, keep in mind this was at a time when eBay was still relatively new so there polices where kind of laxed. When I finally got my copy in it wasn't for The Wolf Man but another movie called Wolf Man which was some 70s horror movie. I contacted the seller and told him he sent the wrong movie to which he assured me if I sent the wrong DVD back he'd send the right one. I did and never got anything. No refund, no replacement copy. Shortly after that eBay banned the guy.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:52 am

Nice, I only received one negative feedback ever, but as you said, that was in the early days. Someone refused to pay for something they won, I'm pretty sure it was a young kid, so I gave them a negative comment, and they merely retaliated. Fortunately there are policies to prevent this now, fortunately this has long since dropped off my history.

One other experience I feel bad about was when I sold my Bandai original Mogera vinyl figure. Amazingly the antenna were in tact and had the tag still attached which made it highly valuable. I packed it very carefully, but it still arrived damaged. Of course I fully refunded the buyer, and I had to sell a broken Mogera. Unfortunately my worst enemy on eBay has been the USPS. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:00 am

I buy all my workout shirts on eBay.

I like dry fit clothes for working out because I sweat a TON, and I think it's neat to have the ones with superhero patterns on them.
I have: Vegeta, Goku, Spider-Man (white spider logo), Venom, Superman, Hulk, Captain America from Winter Soldier, Captain America from Civil War, Batman, Vegeta long-sleeve....I think that's it...I also bought a Spawn one, but (a) I was trying to buy Punisher and (b) I'm like, 99.9% certain I accidentally ordered a youth size, because it only goes down to my belly button. And the Vegeta long-sleeve is a bit of a disappointment because it's got a hood and I wanted the hood to be like, a speed skater suit, like tight to my head, but it's pretty loose and nearly impossible to keep on while I'm working out.
I sort of take it as the risk of buying knockoff stuff from China, but for all those shirts I've probably spent around $70-80 and Under Armor wants $60 for ONE, so if one doesn't fit the way I want, oh well.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Return to General Discussion