[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
have a happy Halloween • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

have a happy Halloween

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

have a happy Halloween

Postby Henry88 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:10 pm

and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are still the best.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: have a happy Halloween

Postby lhb412 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:22 pm

I've been Halloween-ing out the past few weeks: watching Joe Bob Briggs' new horror hosting show on Shudder (in addition to a bunch of other horror movies), Halloween '18 in the theaters, and I even visited a pumpkin patch and corn maze. Can't get more Halloween then that!

Now, it's the 200th anniversary of the publication of Frankenstein and I wanted to do a re-read of the novel as well as watch as many Frankenstein movies as possible and considering the fact we're a week away from Halloween and I've done neither of those things I think I'll push that into November and December.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Happy Halloween
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:56 am

When you have eaten all the candy...THEN...you have my permission to die.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby klen7 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm

^Nice!!

I'm going to try and make a "brown knight" costume tomorrow morning in honor of "Murder Party" making its way into my annual Halloween movie watching... there's an awkward bonus feature on the DVD that shows how to make it that someone uploaded to youtube. wish me luck

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 pm

The wife and I wish you all a happy halloween!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:35 pm

^ Nice!!!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:24 am

Going back to September, when I started my Halloween viewing, I've watched a TON of horror television:

Bates Motel - Loved it.
Salem - Also loved it.
Haunting of Hill House - Liked it a lot.
Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 - Liked it a lot.
Channel Zero Season 2 - Liked it a ton despite recognizing some kinda obvious flaws.
Channel Zero Season 3 - Liked it quite a bit.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Liked it.
Penny Dreadful - Wouldn't really recommend. Kinda my cutoff from the "liked it/didn't like it" parts of this list.
Hannibal - Didn't really like it.
Channel Zero Season 1 - Wasn't a huge fan.
Tokyo Vampire Hotel - Liked it at first, then it went to crap.
Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits and Monsters - Liked a couple entries. Then it stunk.
Castle Rock - Never got into it or enjoyed it at all.

I've also made time for some movies:
Slice - New horror comedy with Zazzie Beetz. It stunk.
Gakidama - Japanese short body horror movie that you can find on YouTube. It's neat.
Henge - Another Japanese short body horror movie. This one was fun.
(I discussed Gakidama and Henge on the Kaiju Transmissions podcast as part of their October pods)
Chopping Mall - I liked it. 80s fun.
The Hidden - Love this movie
Green Slime - Cheesy 50s fun
Batman Mask of the Phantasm - ACES.
The Living Skeleton - I didn't care for it.
Genocide - Not good. But crazy fun.
Goke Body Snatcher from Hell - Awesome
(Discussed those three above on Kaiju Transmissions as well)
The Invisible Man Appears - One of the first ever Japanese genre films. It's...okay.
The Invisible Man vs the Human Fly - nowhere near as fun or interesting as the title
The Invisible Avenger - Toho's Invisible Man movie. 'salright
(Also discussed these three on KT)
Murder Party - loved it.
The Halloween Tree - classic.
Apostle - one of my favorites of 2018.
My Soul is Slashed - Kaneko Dracula horror comedy. It's decent
Necronomicon - Brian Yuzna anthology with an entry by Kaneko. Gloopy rubber fun.
God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand - Kaneko serial killer horror. Bloody and manic energy.
(Getting ready to do these three for KT)
Malevolent - Netflix movie. Meh.
Halloween 2018
Halloween 1978
Hold the Dark - Jeremy Saulnier movie on Netflix...I sadly hated it so much I fell asleep after about 70-80 minutes and never finished it.
Mandy - CRAZY.

Also every time I take a mental break at work, I've been watching some old Georges Millies "horror" shorts (more like...gothic imagery slapsticks). They're really impressive and fun though.

It's been a CRAZY two-ish months of watching stuff. I'll be watching a few movies I've been putting off to kickoff November and then probably going into hibernation for a few weeks and not watching much to give myself a break.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Managed to watch a lot of new-to-me horror films for this Halloween season (along with some Universal classics):

Re-Animator
Tourist Trap
Blade
Black Christmas
Dracula (1931)
The Creature From the Black Lagoon
The Night Stalker
Halloween (2018)
Demons
The Legend of Boggy Creek
Liquid Sky
Trick 'r Treat
The Exorcist III
The Mummy (1932)
The Invisible Man
The Night Strangler
The Wolf Man (1941)

There was a ton of great Halloween stuff on TV this year, so I casually watched/caught bits and pieces of a bunch of others movies on TCM and AMC.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Psycho Soldier » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 am

I stuck to games, for the most part -- mostly watching Twitch streamers and YouTubers play them, but still playing a few myself. I recommend and if you're looking for good, cheap horror games from indie devs. You'll probably finish them in under an hour, but they're effective and memorable.
"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:29 am

Let's see, last month I watched:

Tales from the Crypt seasons 7 and 1-3.

The first 8 Simpsons THoHs and the new one that aired.

Halloween 1-6 and the new one
Alien
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 56, 78, and 2006
Zombieland
The Fog
The Abominable Dr Phibes
House on Haunted Hill
The Last Man on Earth
The Omega Man
Frankenstein
The Wolf-Man
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Mummy (Hammer version)
Friday the 13th 1-4 and 8
Young Frankenstein
The Cat People
Dr Terror's House of Horrors
Annabelle 2
The Strangers 2
A Simple Favor
Bad Times at the El Royale
The episode "Moon of the Wolf" from Batman TAS
The first two MMPR Halloween episodes

I know I'm forgetting something, but whatever.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Return to General Discussion