[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Ultimate Dr. Pepper Knockoff Taste Test • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Ultimate Dr. Pepper Knockoff Taste Test

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Ultimate Dr. Pepper Knockoff Taste Test

Postby Henry88 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:03 pm

i found this downright funny as blazes

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Ultimate Dr. Pepper Knockoff Taste Test

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:54 pm

We have a chain (not sure if it's regional or nationwide) called The 99 Cent Only Store (misleadingly however some items cost more than 99 cents).

I saw the oddest off brand cola there recently literally called "so da" separated by a dot in the middle. Normally they carry Pepsi or Shasta products, but no this was something new. Even odder was the container size 2.75 Liters. now to be fair, I've seen 1 Liter, and 3 Liter (as opposed to the standard 2 liter), but never 2.75.... :?

The flavors were

so da
diet da
orange da
lemon/lime da

and...wait for it...

dr da :lol:

I didn't try any, but I did look to see where it was manufactured. I thought for sure it would be from somewhere outside the United States, but nope, this was a good old U.S, product...

I also noticed Dr. Thunder was disappointingly missing form that video
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:02 pm

A few weeks ago I fell down the soda review rabbit hole on YouTube and watched this video. Some of the people doing these are really serious about it, which makes it funnier. I learned that what we mean when we say 'off-brand Dr. Pepper' is that it's what the experts call a 'pepper soda.'

Immediate deduction for not featuring Dr. When. That stuff is great.

I am more likely to get a soda at a restaurant if I find out they have Mr. Pibb.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Aww, he's missing one. Kroger has their generic like of pop, the Big K brand, but they also have a cane sugar sweetened line which has a different formulation copycat that Kroger calls "The Fizzicist". It's pretty good, but you can tell it's missing a flavor component or two. Besides The Fizzicist, Kroger's real sugar line also offers Cola, Root Beer, Black Cherry, Ginger Ale, Orange, Birch Beer, and have added Cream Soda & Citrus Peak some time over the last year. I don't drink pop all that often but I have tried all but the most recent two flavors and they're all pretty good.

I've tried a few of the Zevia brand drinks, but they all have an bitter metallic diet soda taste that overrides the flavor. It's sweetened with stevia but it's flavored to taste like aspartame sweetened diet pop for some reason, there's really no reason for a stevia sweetened soda to taste bitter and metallic.

I've always thought Wal-Mart's Dr. Thunder was a pretty good Dr. Pepper copycat. Pibb (formerly Mr. Pibb) is a good second choice to Dr. Pepper also as far as flavor goes. I happened to try the Shasta's some months ago; it's okay, Shasta's flavor seemed on the thin almost watery side.
Last edited by The Shadow on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:09 pm

When I drank soda Dr. Pepper was my favorite. Mr. Pibb was a good close second.

I sometimes miss soda but I'm glad I've cut it out.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Can't watch the video at work, but did they include the HEB brand "Dr. B"?
That comes in normal & cane sugar varieties as well.
I can say that the cane sugar kind tastes better IMO" than Dr. Pepper.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:24 pm

I don't see Dr. B in the mix. I wouldn't be surprised if HEB's cane sugar version was made to specifically imitate the former Dr. Pepper bottler in Dublin, TX that still used Imperial Sugar cane sugar. The Dublin Dr. Pepper bottler made Dr. Pepper from 1891 until 2012; in 2011 the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group successfully sued the Dublin bottler and took their franchise rights from them. Come to think of it, Dublin Bottling Works (the bottlers current name) may even make the cane sugar Dr. Pepper copycat for HEB.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:24 pm

There's also a Dollar Tree version (2-3 liter for $1).
It was OK at best, basically kinda like flat Mr. Pibb.
The Mountain Dew knockoff was better.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Return to General Discussion