[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Most anticipated Movies of 2018 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Most anticipated Movies of 2018

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Most anticipated Movies of 2018

Postby klen7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:40 pm

This is always fun, especially looking back at the end of the year.

What are you looking forward to for 2018?

My list!
Want to see:
- Pacific Rim Uprising - Giant Robots and Giant Monsters
- Ready Player One - Giant Robots
- Isle of Dogs - I enjoyed the trailer
- The Predator - Normal sized Monster
- Rampage - Giant Monsters
- The Meg - Giant Monster
- Jurassic World 2 - Dinosaurs
- Mary and the Witches Flower - Miyazaki's protege
- Mazinger - Giant Robots
- Early Man - I like this studio
- God Particle - Cloverfield connection?
- Creed 2 - The last 2 rocky films were well written crowd pleasers, I am game for more

Obligated viewing:
- Avengers Infinity War - Hope that the Russo's can pull this off. Civil War showed they can handle a full slate of characters
- Ant Man and Wasp - I like Paul Rudd's comedic delivery - otherwise just another marvel flick
- Black Panther - i'm invested in the Marvel universe, this is probably the most interesting thing on the slate
- Deadpool 2 - Super hero fatigue, but the first entry was fun
- Annihilation - I will probably like this. i like the director, the book is up my alley... the trailer didn't do much to get me excited

Morbid Curiousity
- Purge Island - this franchise has managed to stay relevant and innovative despite my doubts about each entry going in
- Solo - it's Star Wars, but this still seems like a bad idea to me
- Death Wish - Mostly interested because of Bruce Willis and a darkly comic trailer

Usually the drama's and horror films that make my 'best of' at the end of the year aren't on my radar at this point.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Most anticipated Movies of 2018

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Of course the MCU stuff. Infinity War is going to be one of the best MCU movies period!

Incredibles II
Wreck It Ralph 2
Annihilation
Deadpool 2
Halloween

That's about it that I care about right now. Obviously there will be more movies I learn about as the year continues on, but those are what matter most to me. I don't really give a damn about Dark Phoenix or Venom, Jurassic World 2 looks like horseshit, Pacific Rim 2 and Ready Player One look like plots I've seen done a million times before, Solo is going to suck, and I have no expectations for the Predator sequel.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 pm

The Cloverfield Paradox
Black Panther
Pacific Rim Uprising
Ready Player One
Rampage
Avengers: Infinity War
Deadpool 2
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Ant-Man and the Wasp
- A friend worked on this!
The Predator
Venom
Overlord
Aquaman
Last edited by tbeasley on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Deadpool 2 might be the only movie I’m anticipating to the point that I’ll see it regardless of reviews.

I’m super curious about A Quiet Place too, but there’s a lot coming out this year where I’m either rather reserved or just don’t really care. I’m more interested in Alita Battle Angel and Halloween than PacRim 2 (that trailer sucked all the wind outta my sails) or Infinity War (I don’t see the point in being excited about a Marvel movie with another coming 8 weeks later, and 8 weeks before...)

But hey, we’ll see. A lot of my top movies of this year weren’t in my anticipated list so I’m definitely expecting some surprises.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 am

I fail to understand why you think Marvel movies coming out are an issue. Would you rather we had year long breaks between movies? That would be stupid. That would be like asking a TV show to not have an epsiode a week.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:46 am

I don’t think MOST of the Marvel movies are better than 3 outta 5. So I really don’t care about them.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:19 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:28 pm

I just don’t care. Marvel hasn’t paid off any of their builds since the first Avengers movie, I have no reason to believe they’ll suddenly deliver something I won’t forget by the end of the same day I see it.

Sorry. Just don’t care about the MCU.

Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised because I didn’t care about GOTG2 and it wound up being a top 5 movie of 2017 for me.

But right now? Infinity War could be out already and I wouldn’t care.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am

Your loss then. As long as they make them entertaining and accurate, I don't care how many they do a year. Hell, I couldn't care less if there was one a month for the next eight years, I would still be excited, especially now that X-Men and Fantastic Four will end up with proper movies.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:16 am

They’re not accurate, so, you must be pretty pissed then.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby khouji » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 am

I'm waiting for VENOM
khouji
Godzilla Egg

Postby klen7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am

^ I get a Fan4stic vibe from that trailer. Not necessarily in quality, but tone and narrative. It'll be interesting to see what lessons Sony has learned from MCU, DC, Fox, and the past

I completely lost track of 'Mute' the new scifi noir film from Duncan Jones. I adore Moon and found Source Code underrated, so I have been looking forward to this. Turns out it comes out later this month on Netflix
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:12 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby klen7 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:18 am

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:22 am

A Quiet Place was excellent. You guys are going to enjoy it.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:38 am

^People certainly are saying great things!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to General Discussion