[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Starting my own business • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Starting my own business

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Starting my own business

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun May 31, 2015 1:00 am

After talking about doing it for several years I'm finally going to do my dream and start my own business with my best friend. We're doing a new/used game store with movies as well as collectiables such as Magic the Gathering cards.

We have a basic FB page now located here: https://www.facebook.com/GameShopMI

My friend will be running the Twitter page too which you can find here @The_GameShop_MI

So like us on FB or Twitter

We're shooting for no later than a mid October open date. I'll update this topic when I have more information to share.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Starting my own business

Postby klen7 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:10 am

Congrats and good luck!
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun May 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Awesome! If I'm ever up by the thumb, I'll see if I can stop by.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun May 31, 2015 10:42 pm

Good deal XvGojira we're in the Tri-City Region (Bay City, Saginaw, Midland and Flint). If you ever do come up this way swing by and we can chat about Godzilla and gaming in general.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Mysterio » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:26 am

Good luck! So where's the forum discount code? :wink:
Mysterio
Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:38 pm

I'll post those once we get a web store which may be at launch or maybe sometime afterwards. :P

I'm hoping to get some Godzilla merch in there eventually.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:52 am

Our FB page is up to over 50 likes I very pleased with that. I thought it was going to take a couple of weeks to do but we did it in less than one week. Also we bought the web hosting today so we'll have a website up and running soon.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:07 am

Our web site is live you can find it by going to www.thegameshop.biz

This is just a simple web site for the time being we're already in talks with a web designer to design us a better web site.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:34 am

We've starte our first round of fund raising we're doing some T-shirts. Check out the link below to see the design.

https://www.bonfirefunds.com/support-yo ... l-business

We'll probably be starting round two of fund raising on IndieGoGo in about a month.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:39 am

Congrats and good luck. My g/f has been wanting to start up an anime cafe (with some other stuff) and one of our friends is on board with it while another is all like, "There is no point to doing it because it will fail. Let's just do a bar instead because we will get more people." :evil: :roll: Yeah, because the thing I want to do is deal with drunk smelly, lonely, people.

On the other hand, my g/f is also thinking about a home health care business now because she just got her training license and had to build a home care division for her current job from scratch, so she has every piece of documentation that she would need to do so on her own.

The problem comes with capital because we don't have anything of value to wager. Anyway, this topic isn't about us, it is about you, so I will stop. I hope everything works out for you.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:11 am

Kain feel free to discuss your business ideas. As for your anime cafe I say do it if you have a market for it. A big reason a business will fail is they think they have a good idea and they may have but the area they're in doesn't have the market for it to justify opening one.

An anime cafe sounds like a cool idea I assume it'd be like a normal cafe only with an anime theme correct?
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:21 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:12 am

Good deal well if you open it I wish you guys the best of luck. Like I said do the research to see if you have a decent market for something like that as you don't want to open then a year or so close down because you don't have the consumer base.

I know you mentioned that California was one of the places you where looking into so you should have no issues doing that there.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:54 am

If you follow us on FB we just annouced that we have a launch day for our store. We're going to launch in the Spring, March 24th to be exact. That way we can raise the funds needed and prep the store to be the best it can be. Neither my business partner nor myself want to rush this and by pushing it back to the spring we're confident that it will succeed.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Return to General Discussion