[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
2014 Sochi Olympics • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

2014 Sochi Olympics

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

2014 Sochi Olympics

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:51 pm

I enjoy the Olympics, and even though I'm more of a Summer Olympics fan than Winter, there are things in the Winter Olympics I really like:
Hockey
Curling
Skiing (downhill and moguls)
Snowboarding
Speed Skating

This is the place to talk all things Olympics.
Wanna talk about how Sochi seems like such a wildly inappropriate venue not only with Putin's political views but also with hotels that are under-completed, wild dogs roaming the streets, and lackluster security? Sure, go ahead.
Wanna talk about Cross Country Skiing and why Norway always seems to be the best? Knock yourself out.
Wanna talk about how everyone trains in the US and then competes for other countries? That's cool.
Wanna talk about the hockey tournament and whether it will be US or Canada to win? That's probably most encouraged.

Today it's been a lot of figure skating thus far, which is blech for me, but it's two weeks, there will (hopefully) be times I get to see some sports I like.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Re: 2014 Sochi Olympics

Postby Gman2887 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:20 pm

I know the point is to involve sports that take place in the snow and ice, but I'd be far more in to it if indoor track was part of it. Oh and if it didn't take place in Sochi... I feel I'm more nervous for the athletes than anything as I watch it. Looking forward to the downhill skiing and speed skating as usual though.
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:36 pm

I've always loved the ski jump myself. And the downhill skiing and the bobsled (though the bobsled more so because I want to ride in one myself than because it's all that fun to watch...).

Eager to see the snowboard half pipe too. That stuff is plain crazy. And any kind of race where the competitors are head to head can be exciting. That's why track is so popular in the summer games and speed skating is great in the winter: there's no points or judges interpretation. You just line the competitions up and see who gets from A to B first. Instant gratification and very exciting if it's close!

In general I like the Olympics (winter and summer) because you get to see some really neat sports that don't normally get much coverage. And most of them are far more interesting to me than the typical team sports like football and basketball that get so much focus here in the US.

And it just puts me in awe to see what the human body is capable of.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Really wish I could watch, because I love the winter games. Never been a big fan of the summer. We don't have cable and can't afford it this month.
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Yeah man, I shunned cable years ago but even a basic $10 rabbit ear antenna will pick up all the broadcast networks...in HD too.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby KJ Corp » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:58 am

My country as of now has 2 gold medals: 1 from the skii jump and the other from the 10km cross country skiing, which country am I from? 8)
May 16, come faster!!
KJ Corp
Godzillasaurus

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:44 am

Poland
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller