[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Weird Al • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Weird Al

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Weird Al

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:42 am

With the exception of watching (& cracking up at) the White & Nerdy video on youtube, I really haven't kept up with Weird Al since before highschool (I'm now over 5 yrs out of college). But my wife saw that he was going to be playing a concert at the MN State Fair which is quite nearby. We both thought it would be a lot of fun & tickets were pretty cheap.

I just got back from the show & holy cow! This guy is a FANTASTIC entertainer! I was surprised at how much of the lyrics I remembered to some of his classics that I grew up with like Yoda, Smells Like Nirvana, and Fat (for which he donned the full fat suit!). And there was so much funny stuff he did on stage that really added to the songs. It's gotten me wanting to go back & relisten to some of his old stuff and look up his new. He had my wife & I in stitches with some of his newer songs that we'd never heard before.

If you've ever laughed at his work & you have the chance to see him live, by all means do it!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 am

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/jurassic-park

mister AL did this not to long ago
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:12 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Re: Weird Al

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:54 pm

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm

I saw him during his Running With Scissors tour at the Monroe Fair in Monroe, WA (more than 10 years ago).
He did Fat & The Saga Begins/Yoda.

I have all his normal CDs, never bothered with the compalation ones (like the Food Album).
His boxed set of his greatest hits I also never bothered with.

Not really a fan of more modern music, so the only song I liked of his latest album "Mandatory Fun" was "Tacky" (a parody of "Happy").

A few artists say they know they made the big time when Al does a parody song.

BTW not sure how he does it, but he looks GREAT for 59 years old!
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mbozzo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 pm

I've seen his music videos on Youtube, quite a while ago. I has to post that he was entertaining. I hope that he'll have a long career. :mrgreen:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm

He's coming to the Austin area on June 18th, 2019 with a full orchestra.
His "greatest hits" tour.
I entered to win some tickets via a local radio station, hopefully I win.
If not, I might have to go anyways.
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 am

Dude, whether you win tickets or have to buy them, definitely go! His live show was incredible. Totally worth it!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:44 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:22 pm

EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Return to General Discussion