[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
TALKBACK #2: Godzilla Raids Again • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

TALKBACK #2: Godzilla Raids Again

Discuss the original series of Godzilla films! From "Terror of Tokyo" to Puppy-faced Super-hero, the Showa Era had something for everyone!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: TALKBACK #2: Godzilla Raids Again

Postby Gwangi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:23 pm

It just dawned on me. I bought this movie (VHS Video Treasures) from Sam Goody on Labor Day weekend 1989! 30th anniversary! I will celebrate buy watching it, and I mean that VHS that I still have! (Both Sam Goody and the Mall that I bought it in, have long departed this Earth :cry:)

While this is not the best G movie ever made, nor is it really a favorite, it is one of the more fascinating Godzilla movies to talk about.

Godzilla's first opponent; the first ever kaiju fight. Introduction of Hiroshi Koizumi and Yoshio Tsuchiya to the series. It would have two of the Seven Samurai in a Godzilla movie. Takashi Shimura, first to have returning role in a G flick.

Personal: Growing up in the 1970s, I never saw it! This was my long lost Godzilla movie. I think it was the title of "Gigantis, the Fire Monster" that threw me off. As a kid, I was a T.V. Guide scanner (one of the best ever! :mrgreen: ), but that title never caught my radar. As a matter of fact, the very first time I saw this movie on a regular commercial TV, was when Svengoolie was playing it earlier this year! :shock:

Well, I am off to watching my VHS!
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 am

Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:14 pm

I got the Video Treasures Godzilla Raids Again tape in 2001. It was the last Showa Godzilla movie that I hadn't seen. It did have the Gigantis the Fire Monster title card when I played the movie.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Showa Era: 1954-1975