[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Anyone hoping to hear the 2014 Godzilla theme in KOTM? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Anyone hoping to hear the 2014 Godzilla theme in KOTM?

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Anyone hoping to hear the 2014 Godzilla theme in KOTM?

Postby TerranigmaFreak » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:58 pm

I really love this theme. There's just so much going on in this track. It evokes so many feelings from eerily, government conspiracy, to screeching sirens warning of bombings and almost mimics a monster's call, and military propaganda. I feel like every era had their own distinct musical feel that gives it it's own personality. I hope there's a musical consistency to the Legendary Godzilla universe too.
TerranigmaFreak
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Anyone hoping to hear the 2014 Godzilla theme in KOTM?

Postby lhb412 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:55 pm

^ That theme is seriously underrated. Love how it becomes more frenzied as it goes. Really stuck with me.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Same for me! It didn't have the catchiness of Pacific Rim's theme, but it absolutely stuck with me and I loved it.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Kailem » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 am

I certainly wouldn't be averse to it. Even though some didn't, I really liked the 2014 soundtrack overall, so it'd be nice to at least hear some callbacks to it in this one, if not themes like this outright.

I feel like that probably won't be the case though, especially with the actual Ifukube theme being in there this time, but I'd like it if it was.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own"
- Bruce Lee
Kailem
Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:47 am

I really like Alexandre Desplat's score for Godzilla (2014). The music itself may not be Akira Ifukube-esque but the ostinato style of the main theme's recurrence is very much out of the Ifukube playbook. The score works well in the film and it sounds great on its own. I'd love to hear the main theme pop up again in King of the Monsters.

Michael Dougherty posted this photo of one of Bear McCreary's composition sheets on Twitter last July. It doesn't look like McCreary is adapting any of Desplat's themes for KotM. It's possible that they might feature a stock track from G'14 but I'm not betting on it.

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:37 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:38 pm

This? This is great.

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:20 pm

The Wave has its moments...but also moments where it make me wish my ears would fall off.

Following Godzilla is as unremarkable and unmemorable as the score as a whole. Which is my biggest gripe with it. The Godzilla theme is decent, but overall, I can't recall the score other than that, and that's only because it's the credits and the credits are BALLER. Mostly, when I think of the score I just think of someone running through a room filled with violins.

Last Shot is solid, but it's basically just a spin on the Godzilla theme. I'll give it that it's the only thing in the movie proper that is a musical cue that I find to be super memorable.

Overall, I'm honestly pretty thrilled Desplat isn't on KOTM. Will McCreary do anything memorable other than his riffs on Ifukube? I hope so, but even if not, it certainly can't be WORSE than Desplat.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:39 pm

The 2014 film score was pretty good. It sounded a lot like some other film soundtracks I've heard before, but for the life of me I cant recall what exactly it sounds like at the moment...I'm not going to lie though, I' excited to here the KotM take on classic Ifukube compositions.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 pm

I don't think we'll be hearing any of Desplat's work but I do hope we get some nice opening credits to remain consistent with G2014 and Skull Island.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Outkaster » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am

Far as I know the theme from Toho was licensed and that's what they are going to use.
Joined in 2001.
Outkaster
Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:10 pm

After listening and re-listening to the Old Rivals track, very satisfied with the musical direction!
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse