[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
How do you explain a 3 headed dragon, moth, and pterodactyl? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

How do you explain a 3 headed dragon, moth, and pterodactyl?

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: How do you explain a 3 headed dragon, moth, and pterodac

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:48 am

I guess I don't even know what has been rumored...
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:40 pm

^ Yeah, after the Comic Con announcement we had the clarification that all three monsters wouldn't necessarily appear in the next film. I've just assumed 2 would be vs. Mothra and 3 would be vs. King Ghidorah and Rodan would be mixed in there somewhere.

I thought they did a terrific job with the kaiju in Godzilla '14, so I'm not too worried about how they treat the classic monsters.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:45 am

I forget where the word came down, but someone in some sort of official capacity said something to the effect of, "We have the rights to those three monsters but haven't started writing the actual film yet."

I know that's probably something you're likely to take with a big ole grain of salt since I have no source or anything, but yeah, they kinda pulled back and said, "Woah woah! We never CONFIRMED ALL THREE for the next movie, guys."

Also yeah, like lhb said, I wouldn't even really flinch if they added more kaiju, since I thought the kaiju were by far the strongest thing about the first film...to me, more of them would actually help MASK the problems with the first film, not expose them three-fold.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Gentleman » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:09 am

They were definitely the strongest part of the first one, but also poorly managed. Imagine trying to cram Godzilla plus three new, fan favorite monsters into roughly the same amount of screen time (I can't imagine that the film's budget would allow for much more FX work than part 1). It'd just be too much, and the kaiju will end up with the short end of it all.

Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 am

I doubt we're getting only the same amount or less of kaiju in any further films. That'd be a quick way to ensure there are no more Godzilla movies made in America for a while. They could use the same budget and find ways to save money by doing things like fewer locations (they did shoots all over the world for the first movie. Kinda unnecessary), or less well-known actors (those kinds of people cost money), and getting someone presumably cheaper (and almost undoubtedly better) than Desplat to score.

Also, this is the 21st century. Sequels get bigger budgets these days because they're presumed to make more money. Which is funny. It's very much the opposite of how things went when the notion of film franchises first started.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Re: How do you explain a Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan?

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:29 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Deathless » Sat May 28, 2016 9:04 pm

...Up From The Depths...
Deathless
Baby Godzilla

Re: How do you explain a Rodan?

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:14 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Looks awesome, but it's not Rodan.

Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Re: How do you explain a Rodan?

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:57 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:09 am

I would be the first one on line for a ticket to a big screen Herculoids movie.

Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby swfreakjpb » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 am

I would have Ghidorah come out of meteorite that was buried under Skull island a bazillion years ago. Its the Meteorite and its strange space magic that turned the inhabitants of skull island over the years into giants and monsters. Not everything of course but many that have since died off except for some left over specimens discovered like Rodan and Mothra. Others could be used later maybe. The Meteorite is examined underground and they accidentally unleash Ghidorah. That is how I would do it.
Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:02 am

A LARGE-SCALED PRODUCTION WHERE A DRAGON-HORSE ENCOUNTERS A GIANT SPIDER IN A DOWNPOUR OF SOUNDS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS.

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:13 pm

You know, when this topic was first posted and all we had to go off of was the more grounded tone of Godzilla '14 this was an actual thing to think about, but after the shot of madness that was Kong: Skull Island I think everything is up for grabs in terms of outlandishness. Like, I could see them doing Mechagodzilla now.

Hell, Dougherty might throw in Jet Jaguar just for a laugh (like Howard the Duck in GotG).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

How do you explain a 3 headed dragon, moth, and pterodactyl?

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:11 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby angilas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:33 am

angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse