[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla Encounter Video Contest - Win Legendary Swag! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla Encounter Video Contest - Win Legendary Swag!

This is the place to discuss Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film and upcoming sequels, as well as Kong: Skull Island and the upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong!! Let everyone know what you think and discuss your thoughts and ideas about the upcoming films!!!!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla Encounter Video Contest - Win Legendary Swag!

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:35 pm

Last edited by Benjamin Haines on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Godzilla Encounter Video Contest - Win Legendary Swag!

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Here are a couple of entries that people have submitted so far:

Joe Meyers

Matt Olson
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby pikmintaro » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a camera and could never do anything like this, but it will be great to see everybody's videos.
pikmintaro
Little Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:02 am

God, why won't Legendary do any cool marketing ideas like this?!?!?!

Oh wait... :lol:
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:19 am

A few more entries:

Sean Sumagaysay

Nicolas Cloutier

Chuck Dugan

David Scrivani

Steven Sloss
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 pm

I didn't get a chance to do one (life gets in the way sometimes), but my idea was to do a one-man thing:

I'd play me, on a couch, tell my friend (me in a hat) I'm gonna turn on the TV, where a reporter (me in a wig) would say Godzilla's attacking Houston.

My friend would freak out, but I'd be calm. He'd ask why and I'd say, "Well, she doesn't say WHICH Godzilla...The original from 1954, the second Godzilla of the 60s, Hero Godzilla of the 70s, the 80-meter tall Godzilla with the bellowing roar from the 80s, the 100-meter tall 90s Godzilla, or possibly meltdown Godzilla..."

My friend would say he's gonna go check, come back and say, "It's worse..."

I'd ask "The malevolent GMK Godzilla? The unstoppable GFW Godzilla? The evil cybernetic twin Mechagodzilla disguised as Godzilla?"

"Worse...1998 Godzilla..."

<several zany reaction shots>

"And he's brought Matthew Broderick"

<More over the top shots>

"AND his wife Sarah Jessica Parker"

<angry face>

Then I'd get on the phone and "call Gareth Edwards" and tell him he needs to unleash his Godzilla NOW.

CUT to a bad photoshop of GINO with Broderick and SJP riding on his back, which then gets stomped on by the LegendGoji foot.

All of this was also going to be "dubbed" and perhaps with different voices, so it'd be all me acting but different friends/family voicing for each character.

As I said, life got in the way and I wasn't able to participate.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Return to Legendary's MonsterVerse