[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Marvel Animated Series on Disney+ • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Marvel Animated Series on Disney+

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Marvel Animated Series on Disney+

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Greetings All,

If like me you have been agonizing over why Disney had been selfish and not released many of the Marvel Animated series on physical media, we now know why. They hedged there bets on a streaming service, and it seems to have paid off, for now at least. Below I am going to attempt to list most of the contemporary Marvel based animated series, ones in BOLD can be found on Disney+ currently. One in italics have been released on R1 DVD or BRD at some point in the past. I know there have been several R2 releases in Europe, but unfortunately I don't know exactly which ones, any assistance is appreciated if anyone wants to comment. I for one would still wish for physical media releases, but i guess only time will tell.

1. The Marvel Super Heroes (1966) *Not sure why this is not on D+
2. Fantastic Four (1967) *Presumably with Time/Warner since it was produced by Hanna Barbara
3. Spider-Man (1967) *Not sure why this is not on D+
4. The New Fantastic Four (1978) *Not sure why this is not on D+
5. Spider-Woman (1979)
6. Spider-Man (1981)
7. Spider-Man & His Amazing friends (1981)
8. The Incredible Hulk (1982) *Not sure why this is not on D+
9. X-Men (1992)
10. Fantastic Four (1994)
11. Iron Man (1994)
12. Spider-Man (1994)
13. The Incredible Hulk (1996)
14. Silver Surfer (1998)
15. Spider-Man Unlimited (1999)
16. The Avengers: United They Stand (1999)
17: X-Men Evolution (2000) *season 4 Never released on DVD
18. Spider-Man the New Animated Series (2003) *Not sure why this is not on D+, but originally aired on MTV
19. Fantastic Four: Worlds Greatest Heroes (2006)
20. The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008) *Not sure why this is not on D+
21. Wolverine and The X-Men (2009)
22. Iron Man Armored Adventures (2009)
23. The Super Hero Squad Show (2009) *Not sure why this is not on D+, could be a residual with CN in other countries
24. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (2010)
25. Ultimate Spider-Man (2012)
26. Avengers Assemble (2013)
27. Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (2013)
28. Guardians of the Galaxy (2015)

The most recent Spider-Man animated series (simply titled Marvel's Spider-Man) is winding down it's second season. The first is on D+, and it is assumed the second will arrive shortly after the last episode airs.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Marvel Animated Series on Disney+

Postby lhb412 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:48 pm

When I pushed play on that episode of Spider-man '81 and the crystal clear HD of Disney+ gave way to grainy videotape I said "that's the good **** right there."
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:21 pm

:lol: nice! Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (1981) was my first exposure to The X-Men. To Me Wolverine will always be Australian, since his first two Animated Appearances (this show and Pryde of the X-Men) had an Aussie Wolverine for some reason. Add on to that, Hugh Jackman (an actual Aussie) has owned it in Live Action for nearly 20 years!

You can say he's Canadian all you want, but I know better :wink: . Heck Even Super Hero Squad was in on it, and knew how to play that joke 8)
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:02 pm

I rented the Pryde of the X-Men VHS from the library several times as a kid. Even though the '90s series was already airing that single pilot was more important to me for some reason! Maybe it was the live action Spider-Man psa?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:01 pm

I am a HUGE unapologetic fan of Pryde of the X-Men, from the first time I saw it on the Marvel Action Hour in 1989. I think I was in 7th or 8th grade, but I remember Sunday was my only day to sleep in, so programming my VCR to record Dino Riders/Robocop/ and *whatever Marvel show was airing* on Sunday Mornings was a regular Saturday Night ritual.

I think I liked it so much because it advanced the animation style that Marvel/Sunbow had been working on for over a decade, and represents the last of that style, which I loved with everything from Spider-Man/D&D/GI Joe/Transformers/Robotix/Inhumanoids etc.... Way before the Mouse House got it's hands on Marvel, I thought that the characters of Marvel could walk into the world of GI Joe & Transformers at any time, and Pryde of the X-Men reinforced that idea.

The plot was silly, but I loved the animation, and the actors *Acted* the heck out of it

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv ... The-X-Men/

That episode also made Colossus my favorite X-Man, I mean, anyone who can stand up to the Juggernaut, and not flaunt his power is pretty darn impressive IMHO. For as much as I really love the 90's X-Men animated series, I still wish we could have gotten at least a season of what Pryde of the X-Men started. Oh and that awesome Arcade game that came out a couple years later...I still play that on my Emulator from time to time.

The whole thing is of course on Youtube, but I love that Intro!
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!