[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Matango trailer (with The Last of Us music) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Matango trailer (with The Last of Us music)

Share your monstrous musings and the techniques you use to craft them! Need help in gettting your ideas rendered? Post your requests here as well!

Moderator: Controllers

Matango trailer (with The Last of Us music)

Postby Dai » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:50 am

Here's another of my movie trailer edits. This time it's Ishiro Honda's classic tale of paranoia, betrayal, and fungal infections. Matango. Featuring striking cinematography and set design, eerie music, tense pacing, and stellar performances from some of Toho's most recognisable actors, this is easily one of my favourite Honda films. The only thing that breaks the tension is when we see the fully mutated people in wide shots--those bulky costumes don't look too scary when they're shuffling around. But that's counter-balanced by their creepy laughter.

I've paired this with music from The Last of Us, another story featuring fungal mutations, and my favourite game of this year.

http://youtu.be/5tYsOVykkNw
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Matango trailer (with The Last of Us music)

Postby Pkmatrix » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Wow! Great job! Nice editing and really great choice of music. I think with this I'd be able to convince a few skeptics I know to give Matango a try. :)
Pkmatrix
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Kaiju Art Studio