[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Talos vs. Enshohma: Iconic Is A GO!!! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Talos vs. Enshohma: Iconic Is A GO!!!

Share your monstrous musings and the techniques you use to craft them! Need help in gettting your ideas rendered? Post your requests here as well!

Moderator: Controllers

Talos vs. Enshohma: Iconic Is A GO!!!

Postby Enshohma » Mon May 25, 2009 5:52 am

I am happy to announce that I'm finally getting a comic published, even if its a twelve-page short in a larger anthology...but if the first review means anything, me and the other artists and writers might have something here;

Iconic is an independently produced anthology of original stories, all based around classic literature and (in the case of my story) mythology. At 112 pages in length, we the crew really went the distance to make sure the stories and art were of decent quality, and safe for all-ages readers as well.

That last tidbit I am most happy with, considering my experiences with his unfortunately mature comic I did a misleading cover for:

But enough about the past, onwards to the future...by using ancient Greek myth...what?!?

The Life and Death of Talos the Bronze, co-written and lettered by my good acquaintance Philip Clark, takes the giant guardian of the Jason and the Argonauts epic, and puts a humorous spin on that chapter by telling it from Talos's own point of view...complete with a surprised guest appearance from some other famous Gods and monsters of Greek mythology.

I have already posted a fair number of material surrounding the project in the past, which can be viewed in the following links:

Now the short story along with the rest of Iconic, is in the printer, and we're already receiving an overwhelming response from the public, thanks to early distribution to a number of review outlets. To meet the demand, our promoter Susan Soares, has created a link for non-CAG members to purchase a copy, complete with some preview filler below the cover JPEG. This is supposed to be a temporary arrangement until we have it uploaded for distribution through Amazon:

If that wasn't enough, our first real review of the anthology from a reliable (or at least what they're telling me) source; scroll down past the review for the zombie comic Chew and read for yourself:

And last, but not least, the book will have an official unveiling at this upcoming MoCCA Fest, in New York, June 6th and 7th:

Although I'd like to think this might be the start of something bigger for me and my off-beat story / art style, I have to keep my feet planted, and prepare for possibly nothing happening from this project soon after its release.

BUT it's a heck of a lot more exciting then getting Manbudra in the Negadon: Monster from Mars kaiju-anime DVD, that's for sure!

Extra images - conceptional designs for the title character:

Talos attacks the Argonauts

Talos Loves Medea

Guess All of the Above Monsters' Names and Respective Places of Origin and Win a Prize!
Enshohma
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Danno » Mon May 25, 2009 7:02 am

Talos kicks ass. What program did you use to draw that in?
Danno
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 am

"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Enshohma » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 pm

This coming Wednesday (September 30th), the Comic Bug will be hosting a two hour singing with some of the artists and writers of the graphic novel (big comic book) Iconic, starting at 7PM, until closing time at 9PM. I will be there in attendance of course, due to my work on the short The Life and the Death of Talos the Bronze. And you can find the address / location for the Bug on their official site:

http://thecomicbug.com/2009/09/30/the-c ... -sep-30th/

If I'm lucky, they'll let me play Jason and the Argonauts in the back theater room as well ;)

Related Links:

http://www.kaijuphile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19566

http://enshohma.deviantart.com/art/Talo ... -123269976

http://enshohma.deviantart.com/art/Talo ... -123468430

http://enshohma.deviantart.com/art/Talo ... s-88701390

http://enshohma.deviantart.com/art/Mede ... -103362160

And you can find the address / location for the Bug on their official site:

http://thecomicbug.com/2009/09/30/the-c ... -sep-30th/

Guess All of the Above Monsters' Names and Respective Places of Origin and Win a Prize!
Enshohma
Godzilla Jr.

Return to Kaiju Art Studio