[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla Rebirth • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla Rebirth

Post your kaiju fan fiction pieces here! Post your comments and critiques here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla Rebirth

Postby Zilor » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:12 am

(Just Wanna say it is kind of a rough draft from a while back, it's missing the general chit chat the second draft had, but the second draft is missing, kinda pisses me off, Anyhow...)

Godzilla Rebirth

( My Rant: The problem with the American Godzilla movie was two things. One it was as much Godzilla as a dead whale, and it wasn’t even tailored to what an American audience would want to see. As a rule us Americans don’t give a rats rear about a movie unless there is some sort of fighting. If you are trying to tell us a story about nuclear blah, blah, blah without tossing in some massive monster battle action, I’m afraid you have got a flop on your hands.

Godzilla movies are great and I love them all, but if they want a movie to succeed in the US they are going to need to do a few things. First off slim the monsters down a bit, but keep there appearance basically much same as if there was a guy in a suit, leaner and meaner is what US needs. Then you have to speed up the movement a bit, were impatient and we like our battles fast paced, we want to see monsters rampaging at high speeds knocking buildings over and killing people in there wake, we enjoy this.

Finally they need excellent CG; we like our CG a lot over here and just because it is CG, does not mean it can’t be Godzilla too. We want beams and missiles and flying beasts and all the stuff you would take for granted in a Toho film with Godzilla, just CG.

Lastly, this isn’t real… Don’t try and back up Godzilla with all these facts and theories and stuff. Just go nuts; so long as it has the air of believability you could say he’s a conglomeration of millions of angry green nuclear hamsters. We really won’t care so long as it looks cool and fights other such things we are quite pleased.)

The film opens on two paleontologist out in the field looking over some notes and sketches, the notes and sketches resemble that of a more up right Tyrannosaurus and some sort of off-shoot of the Ankylosaurus family.

Then it flashes to a scene taking place in the air, several fighters are chasing down an unknown jet, they fire off a salvo of missiles damaging it and the unknown plan begins falling toward the ground.

We are now back at the dig site and the two paleontologists are talking, and one says “It seems they were fighting each other when they died…â€
Zilor

Return to Kaiju Fiction and Reviews