[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzillathon Portland OR August 30-Sept 1 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzillathon Portland OR August 30-Sept 1

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzillathon Portland OR August 30-Sept 1

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Greetings All,

saw this on the Sci-Fi Japan main page, and I really wish I could go, it seems fun, but I do have some questions....

https://hollywoodtheatre.org/events/godzillathon/

I'm just wondering if all these 35MM Prints will be- the original AIP dub for DAM ,and the 3 Cinema Shares/Downtown Distributions prints of "Monster Island", "Megalon" and "Cosmic Monster"

The Youtube previews seem to indicate as such, though they could be linked from anywhere. Additionally, the 1974 film is advertised as "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" (no reference to Cosmic Monster), though the 1972 film does reference "On Monster Island".

This would just be a great opportunity to get some info. Who are providing these prints?....and.... if they are what I am hoping, how can we work with these print owners to get them preserved for the future, since Toho doesn't seem to care, or even worse DOES care in that, they want them to be erased from existence.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Godzillathon Portland OR August 30-Sept 1

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 am

I saw Godzilla vs. Megalon screened from a 35mm print in Atlanta back in 2012. If the movies at this upcoming event in Portland are like that was, they'll probably be actual film prints from their original American theatrical runs. They will probably also look and sound extremely old and faded for a real grindhouse vibe. Hell, they might have obtained the exact same Megalon print that I saw seven years ago! It was very tattered with a heavy magenta tint but I'm glad I made the trek to see it. It was a Saturday matinee, about two-thirds full with lots of kids and the whole crowd reacted to the movie like they were watching a wrestling match. It was a blast! And this event has DAM, Gigan and Mechagodzilla too? I am jealous!
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Godzillathon Portland OR August 30-Sept 1

Postby lhb412 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:47 am

The looks so awesome. If a city anywhere within driving distance did this I'd be sorely tempted.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Festivals, Shows, Screenings, and Fan Activities