[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla Independence Day marathon on El Rey • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla Independence Day marathon on El Rey

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla Independence Day marathon on El Rey

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:00 am

At 10 PM Eastern tonight, the El Rey Network began what appears to be a mostly Godzilla marathon for Independence Day.

(All times Eastern)

10 PM - Gojira
12 AM - Godzilla: King of the Monsters
1:45 AM - Rodan
3:15 AM - Ghidorah, The Three Headed Monster
5:15 AM - Godzilla Raids Again
7 AM - Godzilla vs. Monster Zero
9 AM - Mothra vs. Godzilla
11 AM - Godzilla's Revenge
12:30 AM - Terror of MechaGodzilla
2:30 PM - Gojira
4:30 PM - Godzilla: KOTM
6:15 PM - Rodan
7:45 PM - Ghidorah, TTHM
9:45 PM - GRA
11:30 PM - G v M0
1:30 AM - Mothra vs G
3:30 AM - G Revenge
5 AM - Terror of MG
7 AM - Gojira

... and it continues all through Sunday until through a final showing of Rodan finishing around 4 AM Monday morning. It looks to be all Classic Media controlled titles, so I'm a little surprised that El Rey did not also pick up War of the Gargantuas to show also.

The times should be correct, my apologies for any mistakes, I was converting from Central to Eastern on the fly for most of it as El Rey's online schedule gives out after listing the 7 AM showing of Monster Zero.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Re: Godzilla Independence Day marathon on El Rey

Postby Gwangi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:10 pm

Caught some glimpses here and there. Unfortunately, El Rey is not an HD channel, so everything looked unspectacular. Plus, there were commercials to boot. I've never realized how spoiled I (and we) have been to viewing Godzilla movies. In the old days, it was (sometimes) on a black and white T.V. and with commercials and yet, it was still paradise. Today, it has to be HD or blu-ray and uninterrupted (Godzilla on TCM for instance).
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Festivals, Shows, Screenings, and Fan Activities