[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Alamo Drafthouse Playing Kaiju Movies in July • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Alamo Drafthouse Playing Kaiju Movies in July

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Alamo Drafthouse Playing Kaiju Movies in July

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah. Depending on where you are here are some of the things scheduled:
Gojira (1954)
King Kong (1933)
It Came from Beneath the Sea.

I've looked up multiple locations (Houston, Denver, Austin, Ashburn VA) and one or more of these movies is currently scheduled to play.

As for me, the only one I'd be checking out right now is It Came from Beneath the Sea, as I just saw Gojira and King Kong not that long ago (in May), and I may or may not go to that what with all the other events they are doing (Team America: World Police Quote-Along, Splatterfest: Horror Short Film Director's Cuts, Hopefully something cool for the PacRim release). Still, heads-up to those with an ADH in the area.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Good-freaking-gravy! Have you looked at the calendar for July? Between the two Drafthouses in houston they're now showing Godzilla '54, King Kong '33, Godzilla vs the Smog Monster, Mothra '61 (apparently in 35mm?!!!!!), some Evangelion stuff, The Host, It Came from Beneath the Sea, Robot Jox, and some more anime stuff!

Here's the month's preview:

AANNNNNDDDDDD.......

Check out this little gem. Talk about a Saturday morning lineup!

http://drafthouse.com/movies/cereal-par ... ss/houston

I wish I could just quit my job for the month so I wouldn't have to miss any of it... I'd even drive to Austin to catch the movies they're getting that we aren't...
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Pkmatrix » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 pm

Hm...they're opening an Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers, NY, which isn't too far from me. The problem is, it probably isn't opening until sometime in mid July, so who knows if they'll be participating in this. :(

I'll keep an eye out though! I've been looking for places to see giant monster movies on the big screen!
Pkmatrix
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm hoping to make it to G vs Hedorah tonight. I've got company in town so it may not work out, but I'm hopeful. My other, number one goal is to make it to Mothra. I just don't know if my work schedule will allow for it yet. Otherwise I'm gonna go to any that I can (except maybe King Kong since I've seen that in theaters twice now). I mean, I saw Smog Monster in 35mm at G-fest '05 and I saw Gojira at the Destroy All Drafthouses marathon, but really, how often do you get the chance to see Godzilla and friends on the big screen? Not enough for me, so I'm gonna take in as much as I can (work permitting)!

Edit: Oops, smog monster is tomorrow night.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:48 am

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:02 pm

So Godzilla vs Hedorah was a sold out show last night. Went with my wife and sister (which is hilariously ironic b/c they are who came with me to my first g fest in '05 and saw this same film at the pickwick with me! - I think it may be the only G film my sister has ever seen twice!)

It was a well loved but still pretty good looking 35mm print of the international dub (the same as the Sony DVD). We barely got into the show, too. As I feared, having company in town resulted in us not getting there as soon as I would've on my own. We arrived about 5 minutes before the show was to start, and it was already sold out! I was terribly disappointed but my awesome and doggedly persistent wife was determined to find a way in.

She walked down to the specific auditorium for the screening and talked to an employee (the same guy who was MC at Destroy All Drafthouses) to see if there were any empty seats where people hadn't shown up. There were two... But we needed three. They talked to a manager who was able to bring in an extra seat and put it in one of those open spots normally for wheel chairs (and when I say extra seat, they literally rolled a full on movie theater seat in on a dolly!). So we wound up getting in by the skin of our teeth! MAJOR props to the great people at the Alamo Drafthouse for working with us despite it being our fault for being late (and sold out...).

And HUUUUUUUGE thanks to my awesome wife who wouldn't give up on a sold out show. She even had to "endure" the movie by herself because there weren't three seats together. My sister and I were able to sit together and my wife had to sit on the other side of the theater. I owe her big time!

Oh, and I like to think that, just maybe, the fact that I was wearing my Destroy All Drafthouses t-shirt helped a little. At least maybe it showed them how serious I was about wanting to watch the show!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:05 pm

And now for Robot Jox tonight! I had never heard of this until recently but the clips I saw on YouTube look pretty great! Gonna make sure I'm early this time...
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:58 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:21 pm