[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BMD's Kong: Skull Island magazine • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

BMD's Kong: Skull Island magazine

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

BMD's Kong: Skull Island magazine

Postby lhb412 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:28 pm

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/02/09/ ... ath.-right

Birth.Movies.Death. besides being one of the better pop culture sites, also occasionally puts out what is apparently a high quality print magazine (with help from Mondo). Their first of this year is centered around the new Kong movie, headlined by big interviews with the directors of Kong: Skull Island and Colossal, as well as material dealing with classic Kong movies and other giant monster flicks.

You can apparently buy this thing at your local Alamo Drafthouse, or, if you don't have one of those, on Mondo's site.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: BMD's Kong: Skull Island magazine

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah, BMD is the official Alamo Drafthouse magazine. But you don't buy it, it's free. If you stop into one of their locations when a new issue is published, they'll have piles of 'em lying around for the taking. I don't go to the Alamo regularly enough to always grab a copy, but I've thoroughly enjoyed every issue I've picked up. I still regret not picking up the Star Wars issue when The Force Awakens came out.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:40 pm

^ I had no idea. I wish we had an Alamo Drafthouse in my neck of the woods (even an AMC would be nice).
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:02 pm

My copy arrived today. I'm going to wait until after I see the movie on Thursday before I look through it.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: BMD's Giant Monsters Magazine

Postby mr.negativity » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 pm

In honor of COLOSSAL and KONG: SKULL ISLAND, BMD goes big.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:02 pm

So I swung by my local Alamo today to grab a copy and it seems they haven't done an actual print issue in some months. I'm not sure if this is a special issue or if the printing cycle is just going to be more random or less frequent, but either way it's unfortunate. It used to be printed every month or so and they'd have piles of them sitting out for free in the theater lobby. I'm curious to see if the format has changed because the old ones were sort of a combo cinema magazine/Alamo theater program for the month.

As for getting one myself, they didn't have any at the theater. But the regional manager was there and said he might be able to secure me one which was nice of him.

EDIT:
And I got a reply, they've sold out of their local stock. So it sounds like it's not free anymore. Oh well.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Apparently it was bumped up from freebie to a more deluxe publication. I've seen the site promote them heavily since sometime last year.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print