[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Beasts of the Mesozoic • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Beasts of the Mesozoic

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Beasts of the Mesozoic

Postby XvGojira » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:19 pm

So ' David Silva has been showing off the prototype of his Beasts of the Mesozoic line. , and of him putting one together. There will be a kickstarter starting in April as well to fund this line of figures.

I've been dying for some one to do some articulated dinosaurs, and confused as to why no one has done it yet. So this REALLY hits an itch for me. I still kind of hope some one does a JP line of figures, as to me those designs are what dinosaurs are to me. But I'll be glad to have this fine feathered friend on my shelf.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic

Postby mbozzo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 pm

I can't wait to to see these models come on the shelves, even if I won't be able to afford them. 8)
mbozzo
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:17 am

Rody
Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Kickstarter is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... ion-figure

Currently at $32,000/$125,000.

A part of me just wants to plop down $100 for one of each but that wouldn't necessarily be the most financially sound idea when I'm trying to save up a bigger expense.

Still I might do it.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Those are pretty awesome, and it's cool he's done some of the really neat recent Star Wars beasts and NECA kaiju (including the fantastic G54!)

This is the first Kickstarter I've ever seen where i actually wish I could sign up. But I don't currently have the expendable income. :-/ hopefully this gets funded and he's able to produce a whole line of dinosaurs.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun May 01, 2016 11:05 am

I just hope that this shows toy companies that people want good dinosaur toys.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rody » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Well, the BackerKit pre-orders, which got extended twice, finally closed yesterday. I'm looking forward to receiving mine in May!
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:12 pm

- and now the line is too!!

Production for these figures began in November, and the fine tooling/cuts have been reviewed by David Silva. Here's a video preview he did:

...And here's a tease for the next series!

Rody
Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:01 am

After two years, they finally arrived!

And I have a fourth ordered coming later this month too.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rody » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 pm

How did I forget about this thread??
I ended up ordering seven raptors in total - Velociraptor, Saurornitholestes, Dromaeosaurus, Pyroraptor, Balaur, Dromaeosaurus (fans' choice), and Zhenyuanlong (fans' choice). The two Dromaeosaurs and Balaur ended up being my favorites, at least aesthetically (I expected that of Dromaeo, but Balaur surprised me).
To be perfectly honest, they ain't perfect; the raptors are very top-heavy and struggle with balance. Some joints are too loose (ankles), and some joints are hindered by the sculpt itself (necks, shoulders). The bases and extra toes are nice, but the actual support rods and pieces are tricky to work with, and prone to stress damage if a raptor falls over too much.
Despite those issues, these are still really great toys. The sculpt & paint jobs are top-notch, and one CAN get a nice variety of poses if one has practice and patience. I certainly have managed some fun:

Meanwhile, David Silva is hard at work on the Ceratopsian series; he's aiming for an early 2019 start for the Kickstarter campaign. He's making good progress!
Rody
Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles