[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Trendmasters Godzilla Commercials • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Trendmasters Godzilla Commercials

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Trendmasters Godzilla Commercials

Postby kpa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

SciFi Japan has posted 10 different Godzilla toy commercials from Trendmasters. Taken from the master tapes owned by collector Jonathan Shyman, these high-quality spots cover several different toy lines from 1990s… GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS, GODZILLA WARS, GODZILLA: DOOM ISLAND, TriStar GODZILLA and the unreleased GODZILLA: THE SERIES toy figures.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2013 ... mmercials/

Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Re: Trendmasters Godzilla Commercials

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Neat :D

Although the announced on the third, and fourth sounds like he's drunk/about to pass out and so many of the words are muddled. :lol:
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Oh man, memories! I especially remember that baby sitter commercial. It was on a tape I had recorded Terror of Mechagodzilla from TNT's monstervision! I also remember some of these trendmasters commercials were my first glimpses of footage from Godzilla movies post-Biollante! Gosh I remember the excitement of real, recognizable name brand Godzilla toys on store shelves. I was only twelve in '95 and had not yet discovered Japanese Godzilla toys. Kinda makes me wanna go hunt down some of the figures I never got back then. I really liked the idea of the powered up line as a kid but never had any. In fact, all I did have was the 10 inch Godzilla, the 4 inch "Super charged" Godzilla vs Gigan pack, and the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla micro head play set. Gosh I loved those toys!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 pm

I think I had a very similar experience to you with these figures. I did track down a bunch of the figures that I was missing, but turned around and sold all the ones that I hadn't gotten back when I was a kid. I WOULD like to get the animated version of Zilla. That would really cool to own.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:46 pm

Is this technically the FIRST CG Godzilla?

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:14 pm

I remember most of those, but I don't remember the Doom Island, the ones with armor, nor did I know they did a CyberGodzilla from the cartoon.

Always wondered though, why did Trendmasters make Godzilla green and Space Godzilla blue?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 pm

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Psycho Soldier » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:29 am

Those commercials are lots of fun. Makes me wish I owned more of the Trendmasters figures - I think the only ones I still have are the 4-inch Godzilla that came with Mecha-King Ghidorah, and a bootleg, 6-inch Godzilla I bought in a general store many years ago. I always liked Trendmasters' sculpts, even when they weren't movie-accurate.
"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:53 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 am

I was like 9 or 10 when these came out. I remember thinking the SpaceGodzilla toy was some BS they made up like the power up godzilla toys and was wondering why MechaGodzilla looked weird. I still think I have most of the trendmasters toys. Looking back at it, they weren't the best toys, but prior to that the only Godzilla toy I had was the old imperial lipstick godzillas.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:35 am

I'd argue that the 10 Inch MechaGodzilla is still pretty great. It's my favorite 90s MechaGodzilla figure. I also kind of dug the 90s steroid induced redesigns, even the purpleish Angilas :D.

I only wish the Godzilla: The Series stuff had come out. I LOVED the kaiju designs for that show.

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 pm

DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:40 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 pm

I was really looking forward to the Doom Island toyline. Having Destroyah and an appropriately colored Godzilla for that line was going to be great. Alas, cancellation...
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles