[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla Cards • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla Cards

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla Cards

Postby Hesei » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Damn, I'm on a thread bender at the moment.

So, I'm still hoping for , but then I started thinking I could use some cards to supplement any image I can find. I picked up some books and magazines off eBay and hope to nab more, soon. Maybe there will be some nice, scan-able images in them. I'll make this work somehow!

But this thing about the cards, I know absolutely nothing about them. There are various trading packs available on eBay I was thinking about, but that's a lot of money for cards, especially since I'm only looking for a few - dunno which.

I was a card collector back when I was a kid: Dragonball and Pokemon (yeah, yeah...), and I still have them. However, they're in binders sitting on a bookshelf in the closet. I don't get much enjoyment out of them, so I'm worried it would be the same for Godzilla cards. Actually, this is also my primary complaint about the comics - I read them, but then they wind up in a binder! Like most folks here, I'm loving Legends, but that's a short run and I really don't feel like these have enough appeal to warrant multiple readings.

I remember there was a thread a while back on cards, someone selling their sets, I think. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? Is there a card archive anywhere?
Hesei
Godzilla

Postby TripMasterMunky » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

DUDE YOU WANT MY CARDS?!

I got a small binder full of Godzilla cards I collected back in the late 90s. I'll take a look and tell you what sets I have in a bit. I'll sell them to you, I don't know what they go for on ebay but hopefully I can make it more affordable for you.

EDIT
- Alright, so I have a few sets. They're all Japanese sets except for one so I'll try to label which sets I have the best I can.

1995 Japanese Card Set (by Amada)
About 102 cards. Card set basically goes through the Godzilla series up until that point, so about half Showa, half Heisei. Some holographics/foils.

1996 Japanese Card Set (by Bandai, CARDDASS MASTERS)

About 92 cards. Same as the last set where it goes through about half Showa, half Heisei. Goes a bit into Toho's other non-Godzilla films as well. So for example, there's a DesGhidorah card. No holographics/foils.

1996 American Card Set (by Amada)
About 54 cards. Does the same things as the previous 2 sets, but I would say it is mostly Heisei stuff. And every sinlge card is a foil/holographic.

Misc. Cards
I have a few other random cards too, but they're just small and cheap Japanese cards. Nothing special to write about. Probably wouldn't be worthwhile to you? But they're cool to flip through I guess.

These sets also have some of the movie posters on them too, both from Showa and Heisei.

Damn these look cool, almost want to keep them, but they'd just be sitting in a binder for me like they have been haha. If you wanted to frame them or make a collage like you were saying, it could be really awesome looking, especially with the holographics. If you want I can send you pictures, there's a bunch of cards though so I don't know how you'd want me to do it. Looking through these make me kinda nostalgic of the 90s man haha. Japanese cards....I've never been to Japan in the 90s, but I imagine it was awesome.

EDIT 2 - I found 2 of the sets I have on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amada-94-95-God ... 5890ca3870

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-1995-J ... 43ada2353d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-ALL-CH ... 256a76ab0b

Just to give you an idea of what they look like. Couldn't find the Cardass Masters set. I would say the Amada ones are cooler because they have a bunch of foils, but it is kinda cool how the Carddass one goes into other Non-G Toho Sci-fi films as well.
J>E Translator. I like Japanese video games, giant monsters, and more. よろしくお願いします。
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla

Postby Hesei » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Hesei
Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles