[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Favorite 2014 Release • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Favorite 2014 Release

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Favorite 2014 Release

Postby klen7 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Between Diamond, the Vinyl Wars initiative, G'14, Neca, X-Plus, SHMA, etc...it has been one of the most diverse years in toys we have seen in years... So let's hear what people's favorite release of 2014 was.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Favorite 2014 Release

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:24 pm

You know what, I started out not all that impressed by him and then suddenly 9+ months later I have fallen in love with it. So my award goes to Godzilla 2000 with Mothra in a close second place.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm

The X Plus Gigantic 95 is amazing.

The SHMA Battra Larva, Adult Junior, and Kiryu 2003 are all worthy figures.

It's hard to pick, but I'd probably go with the X Plus Gigantic 95 and then Adult Junior. The Adult Jr. figure perfectly captures the essence of Heisei Godzilla. Battra gets a nod for having an excellent paint job...and the 95 because it's huge and probably the best X Plus release to date.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:35 pm

I think I'll have to give it to the SHMA Battra larva set with X-Plus Gigantic Desugoji in a close second.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby swfreakjpb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:00 pm

for only $35 I would have to go with the Jakks Pacific Giant Godzilla. Diamond Select Mechagodzilla second.
Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Postby RaptorG » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Despite what everyone says, I'm actually quite happy with the S.H.MonsterArt Godzilla 2014 and I would believe it was my favorite 2014 released. (enough to by two of him) In terms of non SHMA, I do like my Bandai two Bandai Shokugan Godzilla figure. Greatest and cheapest figure to place in my work desk.
RaptorG
Godzilla Jr.

Postby walshiam » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 pm

The Jakks Pacific figure, hands down. The cost for a figure that large is off the charts and is a must have in my book.
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:15 pm

I'll say Jakks Pacific although that may change depending upon what I receive for Christmas.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Great MM » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Well, only going on what I actually purchased...

SHMA Gigan is a winner for me. While I loathe the pricing of this series, this figure was too good to pass up. And I can finally pose an FW Gigan with a chainsaw and a blade like I've always wanted to do.

I really like the King Ghidorah bust bank as well. And, I'm not sure if it was a 2014 release, but the Deluxe 500 Tyrant Spark Doll is outstanding.
The Great MM
Godzilla

Postby Ultraseven » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:57 pm

The Tyrant figure is a beast (released January 2014 so it qualifies). Sadly, both Godzilla 2014 and MUTO figures were well sculpted but a bit in the small side IMO.
Ultraseven
Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:13 am

i love the diversity of this thread.. glad i didn't i try to do a poll because i would have certainly inadvertently snubbed about 3/4 of the top picks!
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Great MM » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:29 pm

The Great MM
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:40 pm

My answer has changed to the S.H. MonsterArts Battra/Mothra Larva set. SOOO good! :D

Jakks Pacific Godzilla is a close #2 though.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles