[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Kamen Rider Kuuga and Fiveman a available for pre-order • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Kamen Rider Kuuga and Fiveman a available for pre-order

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Kamen Rider Kuuga and Fiveman a available for pre-order

Postby DannyBeane » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:02 am

It looks like Shout Factory is releasing Kamen Rider Kuuga and the Sentai show Fiveman.

https://nerdist.com/article/kamen-rider-kuuga-super-sentai-fiveman-blu-ray-dvd-announce/
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Re: Kamen Rider Kuuga and Fiveman a available for pre-order

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:43 am

Hell, yeah! I hope they also put out their other two streaming series (the OG series and Ryuki) on disc, too.

Maybe not the deluge of availability we've gotten of Ultraman, but a good start for Rider! Let's hope it continues.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:09 pm

This is great news! Shout previously released two Super Sentai complete series DVD sets per year from 2015 to 2017. Once Hasbro began the process of buying the Power Rangers franchise from Saban in 2018, Shout cranked out six more Super Sentai sets until early 2019, when Hasbro’s first Power Rangers products became available and Shout suddenly stopped releasing more Super Sentai on DVD.

Whatever the reasons for that halt, it’s nice to see that Shout is now able to license more Super Sentai shows from Toei. According to the TokuSHOUTsu Twitter post linked below, Chikyu Sentai Fiveman won’t be streaming on TokuSHOUTsu, unlike the other Super Sentai shows that Shout has released. This one will just be on DVD.

https://twitter.com/tokushoutsu/status/1543432117207502848/video/1

I'll definitely be getting that and Kamen Rider Kuuga. The product page on Shout's website linked below confirms that Kuuga will have two different English subtitle tracks with the option to leave the Grongi villains unsubtitled as in the original broadcast. It will be cool to check out that version of the show after only seeing the fully-subtitled version that Shout streams on Tubi.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/kamen-rider-kuuga-the-complete-series
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:25 pm

Shout Factory started shipping Chikyu Sentai Fiveman this week. My set is on its way.

And they just announced their next Super Sentai DVD release on Twitter earlier today! Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger (2003-2004) is coming to DVD on November 8.

Like Fiveman, this will be offered exclusively through Shout's website for the first few months before being available from general retailers. It's already up for pre-order.
https://shoutfactory.com/product/bakury-sentai-abaranger-the-complete-series?product_id=7946

Also like Fiveman, the TokuSHOUTsu Twitter account confirmed that Abaranger will only be available on DVD, not streaming anywhere.
https://twitter.com/tokushoutsu/status/1567684148072161280?cxt=HHwWgIDR3aebxMErAAAA

Until this year, the oldest Super Sentai series that Shout had released was Chojin Sentai Jetman (1991-1992) and the newest was Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (2002-2003). Fiveman was the series that preceded Jetman, and Abaranger was the series that followed Hurricaneger. Hopefully this means that Shout will keep alternating back and forth to expand their release line in both directions.

I'm glad that Shout is continuing these releases but it'll be a while before I get around to this one. I haven't even collected all of the '90s shows yet and I haven't watched any series past Seiju Sentai Gingaman (1998-1999). When it comes to Super Sentai shows that were produced with the knowledge that they would be adapted into Power Rangers in the US, I'm not as interested in the ones that were made after I stopped watching Power Rangers. I'm sure I'll check them out eventually but I'm more interested in seeing all of the '90s shows and what came before. Right now I'm 71 episodes into the original Himitsu Sentai Goranger (1975-1977), so I only have 13 left! I plan to watch Fiveman next.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:19 pm

I've never gotten into Sentai. Thinking of getting the Jetman set...

Kuuga should be shipping soon!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:26 pm

And now Shout's announced a blu-ray of Ryuki, which'll come with the alternate finale movie.

Fingers crossed that the OG series is in the works. That's just a must have for any Japanese pop culture fan.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:42 pm

That's awesome! Can't wait to pick it up!
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:23 pm

Great news about Kamen Rider Ryuki! It's one of the more inspired toku series that I've watched, although I haven't yet seen the "Episode Final" movie. From what I've gathered, that movie opened in theaters on the same August 2002 weekend when episode 29 first aired on television, and yet it serves as a preemptive alternate finale to the series. The events of the movie are quite different from how the show itself plays out, but even after the show's last episode aired in January 2003, the director's cut of that "Episode Final" movie debuted on DVD in August 2003 with 20 minutes of additional scenes. That director's cut is reportedly what's included on this upcoming set.

I guess this thread is the place for all of Shout's upcoming toku releases. They also recently announced Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger (2004-2005) as their next Sentai DVD release on February 14: shoutfactory.com/product/tokusou-sentai-dekaranger-the-complete-series
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:09 pm

Shout Factory is releasing Kamen Rider Geats (2022-2023) as an 8-disc blu-ray set on April 23!

https://shoutfactory.com/products/kamen-rider-geats-the-complete-series

And all 49 episodes are already available to stream on the TokuSHOUTsu website!

https://shout-tv.com/series/kamen-rider-geats-series
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:32 pm

While I'm not exactly ready and rearing to check out this particular series (the Showa and '00s Riders are what I'm more interested in) this does make me happy because getting the most recent series seems to show a seriousness to the enterprise on Shout's part. It had been a year of radio silence from Shout on the toku front, and this announcement plus the Showa flicks that'll make up the Classic Tokusatsu Collection show a commitment to bringing stuff over. Maybe the previous year was the result of some hiccup that's been overcome?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:14 pm

^ Same here, I'm alternating between Showa-era and 2000s Kamen Rider shows. Even though I already skipped ahead by watching Black, Black RX and Black Sun, I'm trying to watch the rest of each of them in sequence, with the payoff being when I finally watch Kamen Rider Decade (2009) after having seen every prior series! I'll proceed to the 2010s and then 2020s shows after all of that.

Shout did release Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger on DVD in February of last year. Maybe they encountered another unforeseen roadblock in their effort to keep licensing Super Sentai shows, so they spent most of 2023 trying to work that out and also exploring their other licensing options, which led them to the '60s Toei films and Kamen Rider Geats.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases