[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Mediablasters' Kamen Rider movie collection • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Mediablasters' Kamen Rider movie collection

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Mediablasters' Kamen Rider movie collection

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:46 am

This was announced a while back and tentatively scheduled for release this fall. It's gonna be an ambitious blu-ray set containing Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue, Kamen Rider ZO, Kamen Rider J, Kamen Rider: The First and Kamen Rider: The Next. In short: all the standalone films that can be enjoyed without watching an associated TV series.

Mediablasters, who majorly screwed up a pair of Godzilla releases a decade ago and deservedly incurred a lot of scorn (then kinda faded away and did little for a few years), has really be revving up these lately and consistently popping out great tokusatsu releases with Gappa, Hakaider, the two Zeiram movies, and the two Zeberaman movies among the titles. I'm so happy with their stuff I take back some of the bad things I've said about them!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Mediablasters' Kamen Rider movie collection

Postby DannyBeane » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:28 am

I've only dabbled in Kamen Rider but I am looking forward to these releases. I picked up the KR Zero One from Shout factory and look forward to starting that when I'm caught up with Ultraman. I've also collected all of America Blasters recent toku releases these past few years and really enjoy them. Especially Hakaider
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:34 pm

This is exactly the kind of news I've been missing out on for the last two years!
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:11 pm

It's been two years since Mediablasters acquired five Kamen Rider films for distribution and since then... well, they lost the main distributor for the 18+ material that is the company's bread-and-butter and had to create their own store, organized a convention, and had flood damage of some sort? I mean, it's annoyingly late, but I understand the delays. Anyway, we're apparently going to get news on the releases very soon. Last update indicated we're getting single releases rather than a big set.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:12 pm

I'm just looking forward to having more Media Blasters releases in my collection. I got their blu-ray discs of Gappa, Zeiram and Zeiram 2 a few years ago, and before that I think the most recent Media Blasters release that I got was Godzilla vs. Megalon.

Actually, now that I've seen all of Android Kikaida, I should get the 1995 movie Mechanical Violator Hakaida that Media Blasters put on BRD.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:41 am

Speaking of which, they just released Jissoji's Last Megalopolis movie on Blu-ray and are about to release the (never before released in the US) sequel. Always wanted to see at least that first one.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases