[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Little Prince & The Eight-Headed Dragon Mill Creek DVD • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Little Prince & The Eight-Headed Dragon Mill Creek DVD

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

The Little Prince & The Eight-Headed Dragon Mill Creek DVD

Postby Gwangi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:13 pm

According to August Ragone, Mill Creek is planning to release an usual hodge-podge of animated features, animated T.V. shows and Honda sc-fis, in a two-disk set come February 5th, 2019. The most significant of this package is Toei's "The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon", which tells the story of Prince Susano-o as he does battle with Orochi, the eight-headed dragon (and later to be the inspiration for Ghidrah). The other titles include two of Honda's Columbia Pictures releases ("Battle in Outer Space" & "Mothra"), as well episodes of Astro-Boy and Godzilla (1998) animated series.

I know that "Battle in Outer Space" is already available in blu-ray form, as well as the "Icons of Sci-fi: Toho Collection", so this would probably be double or triple-dipping for some. For myself, because it does include "The Little Prince" complete with a rousing score by Akira Ifukube (I believe it was his only animated feature that he worked on), I think it is worth the dip.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Re: The Little Prince & The Eight-Headed Dragon Mill Creek D

Postby lhb412 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Wow. I've been wanting to see the complete version of that movie for a while. The English dub was broken up into many parts on YouTube for forever, but it seems to have long since disappeared. I like a good mishmash DVD set, even if I've sworn off the format for blu-ray... mostly.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:08 am

I have an AMC recorded version of "The Little Prince" from years ago! Hopefully, this will be the start of something. I would not mind seeing Mill Creek or Scorpion Releasing, giving us other animated features such as "Alakazam the Great" or "Jack and the Witch".
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Zack Metoyer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm

I forgot to mention that I actually bought this and, despite the packaging, Little Prince isn't even on the discs.
Zack Metoyer
Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 am

Yes, Mill Creek, when they first pressed these disks, forgot to include "The Little Prince & the Eight-Headed Dragon", which was the only reason I wanted to buy the Pop Culture Bento Box DVD. I wrote to them, they apologized and sent me the replacement (a month later) which did include "Little Prince". To my great disappointment however, the movie is presented in pan & scan, not the widescreen version that I had expected.

Because of all of this ordeal, to those who have not bought the Pop Culture Bento Box, I would not recommend it (unless, there is something that you really want, such as those few episodes of Astro-Boy).
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:28 pm

The Astro boy episodes are the 2003 series I believe, so if your interested in those, you could pick up MillCreek's complete series release of the show for around $15.

Just checked Amazon. MillCreek's initial 2015 release of Astro Boy 2003 is available for $8.90 (3rd party, fulfilled by Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Boy-Comple ... 00V5JEIZ8/

MillCreek's 2019 reissue, has a slipcover of a white background with Astro-Boy's head silhouetted in red is $13.58 from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Boy-Comple ... 317632782/

MillCreek's release (which I believe is the same in the 2015 and 2019 releases, just different packaging has all 50 episodes on 4 discs.

There's also a great deal on a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon of Sony's original 2005 release of the show for $7.98. Sony used 5 discs for the series, so more breathing room per disc plus there's also a "remaking of Astro Boy" special feature that probably isn't on the MillCreek version.

https://www.amazon.com/Astro-Boy-Tabith ... 0007KZQAC/
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:50 pm

^Yeah there are a ton of releases of the 2003 series. But the 1980's series (only released on DVD by Manga Ent) is OOP and quite expensive on the secondary Market. Coincidentally however, it is available to view on Amazon prime

The Original 60's version is still available at Right Stuf. They just had a really good sale, but there was too many other items on my list, which has been whittled down fortunately. Hopefully the next time they have a big sale, I'll be able to get those 60's Astroboy sets.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases