[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
AIP / Titra dubs for new Blu-rays • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

AIP / Titra dubs for new Blu-rays

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

AIP / Titra dubs for new Blu-rays

Postby John Schuermann » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:35 pm

Hello all -

This is basically an "open letter" to anyone who has contacts at any of the companies releasing the recently announced Godzilla Blu-rays. Some of you know that I am a post-production audio engineer / film composer (www.jsmusicandsound.com) and that I created a very clean version of the AIP DESTROY ALL MONSTERS dub several years ago. I am just trying to contact the labels and see if they are interested in any of the clean AIP / Titra elements I have. With a little digging I should be able to deliver high quality dubs of both SEA and SMOG MONSTER (plus DAM, of course).

To give you an idea of the quality of the dub, in the case of DAM I blended both the AIP and Japanese elements so that each scene has the very best quality audio. For example, during the non-dialogue scenes I just used the original Japanese audio since it is noticeably better than even the best AIP source.

Feel free to PM me with any contacts.
John Schuermann
Filmmaker
Check out my new movie!
http://www.stephensonmovie.com
Owner, Lead Composer / Sound Designer
http://www.jsmusicandsound.com
John Schuermann
Godzilla Jr.

Re: AIP / Titra dubs for new Blu-rays

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:03 pm

It would be great if John could contact these guys. I'd totally buy these if those dubs were included. Right now the lack of the Titra dubs and/or more extras is the deal breaker for me.

And John, I know Kraken is an imprint of Section 23, who are a big anime distributor. You might wanna start there.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:16 pm

The pessimist in me says contacting them AFTER they announce the release means there's little if any chance of this happening....

...but I SOOOO would like it to.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Zack Metoyer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Kraken doesn't seem to have any information I can find. Section23's website is down, and I'm unsure of their email address. I did, however, find the email for their parent company, Aesir Media (info@aesir-media.com) and I sent them a succinct, politely written email explaining our concerns and asked that it be forwarded to the appropriate department. I name dropped John Schuermann as a potential resource for assisting with this.
Zack Metoyer
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Thanks John,

we fans sometimes cannibalize each other because "all we do is complain and never make our intentions known to the powers that be". But some fans dont know where to begin. I appreciate you reaching out to try to make something happen. I am no a/v expert. All I can do is preserve the films in digital format from VHS sources, those like you who have access to better technology and are willing to put forth the effort are truly appreciated.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 pm

This is the kind of fan-to-company feedback that's constructive, instead of undisciplined anger.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby GaryT » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:10 am

It seems pretty clear that Toho prefers using the international dubs they control. If word gets back to them that some fan is offering the AIP/Titra dubs--even for no money--they'd probably send a Cease and Desist order.
GaryT
Godzilla Jr.

Postby TylerPreston20 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 am

Check out my Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O/about
TylerPreston20
Little Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 am

I know a fan that has offered a broadcast cassette copy of GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER (the US version) and I also know a fan willing to send a Hi8 recording of SEA MONSTER. All that remains to be seen is if Kraken is interested.
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby hanshotfirst1138 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 am

Sad to say, even if said companies see this and have an interest in it and the available technology to do it (and while fan versions are nice, they won't ever hold up to professional releases), I think Toho would have the final say, and I doubt they'd be very keen on the idea. Shame too, as they might be able to go back to the proper masters. With branching, it probably would be difficult to do on Blu, but given how small the prospective market is, I doubt they'd find it worth the trouble.
"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
hanshotfirst1138
Little Godzilla

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases