[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Whale God (1962) is being released by SRS Cinema! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Whale God (1962) is being released by SRS Cinema!

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Whale God (1962) is being released by SRS Cinema!

Postby DannyBeane » Thu May 25, 2023 5:11 am

https://www.scifijapan.com/news/srs-cinema-catches-the-whale-god

If you've never seen this film it's awesome! Imagine if Moby Dick was told by the Odo Islanders from Godzilla. It also features a fantastic Ifukube score and some solid practical effects. I've been wanting this released on media for years and it's finally here!
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Re: Whale God (1962) is being released by SRS Cinema!

Postby lhb412 » Thu May 25, 2023 6:48 am

Incredible news! This is one of those I've really hoped for a release.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Thu May 25, 2023 10:44 pm

Wow! This came out of nowhere! I've never seen this film and it was a bit disheartening how Arrow Video seemingly passed on it amid their recent streak of classic Daiei releases. I already have a few of SRS Cinema's releases (Space Monster Wangmagwi, Howl from Beyond the Fog, the Reigo/Raiga double feature) and I hope they keep licensing more super-obscure movies like these!
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:08 pm

Pre-orders go live later tonight. As of right now there's a limited run of 2000 pressed disc blu-rays, so if you don't wanna risk a recorded disc sometime in the future you should get on it! You can get a poster and slipcover, too.

https://srscinemastore.com/products/whale-god-blu-ray?variant=40205971292294
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:47 am

Got my pre-order in. Some cool sounding extras and Bob Eggleton cover art!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:40 pm

I'm definitely getting this. I used to never pre-order anything, then I decided to pre-order Arrow's complete Gamera collection because of how limited it was. Even though my pre-order of that set was one of many pre-orders that Amazon failed to fulfill upon release (I still managed to get it from Walmart), I've nonetheless gotten into the habit of pre-ordering limited-edition titles: Arrow's Daimajin and Yokai sets, SRS Cinema's Space Monster Wangmagwi, Vinegar Syndrome's Gorgo, and soon this. I'm never pre-ordering from Amazon again though!
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:16 pm

My (and other folks from the sounds of it) copy arrived today!

Nice slipcover, and it even has reversible cover art!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases