[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Replies vs Views • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Replies vs Views

Godzilla vs. Gamera, Gamera vs. Rodan, Godzilla vs. Superman! Use this forum to discuss fantasy fights.

Moderator: Controllers

Which has the greatest power?

Replies
33%
Views
No votes
Jet Jaguar
67%

Total votes : 3

Replies vs Views

Postby Dai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:55 pm

To celebrate my 1000th post, I wanted to highlight the insane ratio of replies to views in this sub-forum. Look on other parts of the forums and a thread with no replies might only receive a couple of hundred views before dropping into oblivion. But here a thread with no replies can easily gain thousands of views.

So, at last, this thread will ponder the questions that we have all been afraid to ask:

Are thousands of people reading these threads or is it the same people over and over?

What are readers getting out of a thread with no replies?

Why does no one reply?

Hello, is anyone there?

Does anyone actually believe that Jet Jaguar could program himself to grow bigger?
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Replies vs Views

Postby klen7 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:59 pm

bot views since they made the public forum?
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Replies vs Views

Postby lhb412 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:52 pm

^ partially. I mean, at least in this case. Hey, remember how years ago most of the threads in the anime section would randomly disappear? It's one of the board's classic spoooooky mysteries.

I'm going to segue to another point that is kind of sort of but not really related - even though the heyday of this board was from its inception as a discussion board for the 1998 movie until the end of the Millennium series the single most people to be on the board at once was last year when a new trailer dropped. I have a theory that people don't really post on discussion boards anymore, but if they're still a fan of something they'll check up on one of the old boards when something happens or just every once in awhile when they get the feeling to and gauge what the (hopefully) "informed veteran fans" think of whatever is going on. I came up with this theory because I do this to like half a dozen other boards that I have never posted on.

Example: "Jeez, Criterion is really making this amazing box set! I wonder what the old fans are making of it. Let me just take a peek... (muffled screaming)"
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Godzilla vs. Gamera: Kaiju Fantasy Fights