[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Recommended anime for 2020 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Recommended anime for 2020

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Recommended anime for 2020

Postby Hawanja » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello folks. I find it's hard to keep up with all the new anime releases, seems like every week there's something new.

What are your recommendations for any new and/or hidden gems that I should be watching?
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
Hawanja
Godzilla Jr.

Re: Recommended anime for 2020

Postby EricDent » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Sorry I don't keep up with the most current stuff.
Possibly a better place to ask would be on a slightly more busy forum.
Maybe (for example) Anime News Network, or Reddit.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Just to clarify, are we talking newly produced in 2020, or newly released in North America via physical media or streaming? I have several pre-orders on my Amazon wish list, but they are mostly older animes just getting a release for the first time in 2020 in the U.S.
Last edited by O.Supreme on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:10 pm

It would also be nice to know what the TC has seen, and possibly what they own.
I could list off several anime shows that I like, but it's possible they might not be what they are into.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Hawanja » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:35 am

Well that's all I'm really asking - any animes you like & recommend. I guess they don't necessarily need to be new, although I am looking really for more recent stuff.
I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to anime, but here's some of the stuff I've watched in the past:

My Hero Academia
Food Wars
Mob Psycho
One Piece
High Score Girl
Is this a Zombie
Free!
Jubei Chan
The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
Vampire Princess Miyu
Death Note
Dragon Ball Z (of course)