[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
‘Studio Ghibli-Style’ Legend Of Zelda TV Series Spotted On I • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

‘Studio Ghibli-Style’ Legend Of Zelda TV Series Spotted On I

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

‘Studio Ghibli-Style’ Legend Of Zelda TV Series Spotted On I

Postby Henry88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:33 am

i would buy it.

‘Studio Ghibli-Style’ Legend Of Zelda TV Series Spotted On IMDB
https://www.gamebyte.com/studio-ghibli- ... dkQKmXGBgU
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: ‘Studio Ghibli-Style’ Legend Of Zelda TV Series Spotted

Postby Rody » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

I'm skeptical until a trailer appears.

If it pans out, though, that'd definitely be cool. I've never really played the Zelda games myself, but I've often enjoyed what I saw of them, and I know fans have been wanting/speculating on an adaptation of some point for a long while. An animated series with the aesthetic of a Ghibli film (Studio Ponoc, maybe?) would really be something.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 pm

I looked at the article and it says each season will have a different art-style.
It said season 1 would be similar to the Netflix Castlevania series, season 2 would look like Ralph Bakshi, and season 3 would be Studio Ghibli.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Until there's a trailer or an announcement from Nintendo, it's all just rumors to me. But also consider me excited. I love Zelda and in my book, so far, more Zelda is good.

The changing the style per season, to me, alludes to each season not really being connected to one another. That's fine for the games but I'm not sure how that'll gel in a supposedly non-anthology TV series. Unless, each season is done by a different animation team, I'd think that'd be kind of taxing on the animators. It's part of the reason I think DC's DTV animated movies mostly stuck to the New 52 style after awhile. But hell, they could just use the assets from Breath of the Wild and it's upcoming sequel, and animate that and I'd be happy.

I'm mildly surprised Nintendo didn't try and do more with there properties over the years. But when the out put from non-Nintendo/western companies are the live action Super Mario Brothers movie, The Captain N Cartoon, Zelda the Animated Series (Excuuuuuuuuse me Princess), the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, and the terrible CDi games, I can see why they've been hesitant to try again for the last 20+ years.

I'd love it if their main three (Mario, Metroid, and Zelda) were able to branch out of gaming into movies and TV. Nintendo already has a deal with Illumination (the Minions company) for a Mario movie that, last I heard, was planned for a 2020 release. And I like the idea of a Zelda show, as current trend of season long from archs would be a perfect fitting, meeting new allies and villains every episode and culminating in a destined battle between Link and Ganon. Metroid is a bit harder as the cast of the games are usually Samus with the feeling of isolation while fighting a bunch of Space Pirates and indigenous monsters. Unless they basically copy/paste The Mandalorian and use a baby Metroid instead of "The Child" but there'd be a huge lack of mystery as Metroids are known entities especially to Samus.

But the BIG question here. Would Link talk or only be heard via grunts and attack shouts?
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Return to Anime & Manga