[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Dragon Ball Super Movie Trailer! In N Am Theaters - Jan • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Dragon Ball Super Movie Trailer! In N Am Theaters - Jan

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Dragon Ball Super Movie Trailer! In N Am Theaters - Jan

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:23 am

The trailer for the Dragon Ball Super movie dropped during SDCC -- here's the dub version (Funimation has a subbed version up but it looks choppy in the beginning). If I remember correctly, the movie will be out in Japan this December so it getting a North American showing in January is pretty nice (although it'll probably be a Fathom Events showing which my closest theater doesn't participate in)

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Re: Dragon Ball Super Movie Trailer! In N Am Theaters - Jan

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:34 am

I'll try to see it! Of course, I'm watching Super on Toonami, so I reckon I won't be technically caught up but that probably won't be a problem...

Man, it's amazing how Dragon Ball seems to occupy a bigger and bigger cultural space. It took a while to hit me that something popular when I was young was still popular.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 pm

I'm not 100% certain but I believe that this new movie will be like Battle of the Gods and Ressurection F in that those movies happen in line with the show. The prior movies were more like side stories, EG here's another adventure with Goku but it doesn't actually happen as far as the show's overall story line is concerned. So one could say that this is will be the canon version of Broly.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:41 am

I really like that they tweaked the character designs for this movie. Really enjoying Super, but I think from a design standpoint there's a bit of blandness to it.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby angilas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:11 pm

The way I see it, by letting the anime lead, even with Toriyama’s influence Super will be pretty much fleshed out by Toei, making it just a cut above your typical filler or GT. With these films Toriyama has more or leads taken the lead, so despite being animated outside of comics, BoTG, rF, and now Brolly have been & will be the best bit of Dragonball since DBZ’s end.
angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 am

I thought Super was awesome. Calling it "just above filler" doesn't seem even remotely right.

I actually thought the Resurrection F arc on Super was better than the movie (preferred Battle of the Gods movie to the Super arc)
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am

I’ll have a more in depth review later. But I saw Broly today and it was good. I walked out feeling 4/5. Couple things I didn’t like but overall it very much delivered and provided a WAY more interesting backstory to Broly than “he heard Goku cry once “
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby EricDent » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:39 pm

It's doing really well in the limited release theatrical run in the USA.
It's made a bit over 12 million USD.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 am

It's rather fun to see a bunch of media outlets flabbergasted that this Dragon Ball thing that they have no knowledge of has such cultural cashé in the US.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:18 am

My review of the movie:

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:29 pm

I wrote a lengthy review:
https://letterboxd.com/jellydonut25/fil ... per-broly/

I liked it a lot.