[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Moe & More: The Kyoto Animation Thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Moe & More: The Kyoto Animation Thread

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Moe & More: The Kyoto Animation Thread

Postby Rody » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:19 pm

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (1st season) celebrates its 10th Anniversary today, so this seems like a good time to start the topic:
Any KyoAni fans here on Monster Zero?
My first KyoAni show was Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, which was a very charming and nicely animated show; then I watched the oddball Nichijou, and I realized this was a studio worth paying attention to. I've since seen another half-dozen or more of their shows, including the aforementioned Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Clannad, and most recently Myriad Colors Phantom World. I don't love every show of theirs, but several of their shows are absolute favorites of mine, and KyoAni never fails to impress with their quality of art & animation.

I'm slowly making my way through (almost) all of KyoAni's produced shows. Clannad: After Story is up next, and I'll probably follow up with K-On! and Sound! Euphonium.
Rody
Godzilla

Re: Moe & More: The Kyoto Animation Thread

Postby EricDent » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 am

I like their stuff and own Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-On, and Full Metal Panic Fumofuu.

I've seen Clannad, Kanon, and some other stuff.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Rody » Tue May 03, 2016 8:31 pm

...So I just finished Clannad: After Story, and while I get why it's such a popular show, I wouldn't consider it one of KyoAni's best.
The big problem with Jun Maeda's stories (Air, Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats!) is the magical elements never seem to gel with the normal world enough. This generally improves from Air to Clannad to Angel Beats!, and so on, but there's always a level of logic lacking which, for me, sometimes takes the out of the emotional sails at the most pivotal moments. I end up feeling like the feels haven't been truly earned.
That said, Clannad: After Story hit hard when it usually needed to. I don't ever cry when watching something, but at least one scene in After Story nearly made me tear up, so bravo there.

I think I need pure sweetness now; I'll watch K-On! next.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Tue May 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Tue May 10, 2016 11:12 pm

Well I wasn't expecting to see this tonight.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Rody
Godzilla

Postby Rody » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm