[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers

From Tetsujin 28 to Akira, from Macross to Miyazaki, there is an incredibly wide range of Japanese animated movies and TV shows to suit almost everyone's particular tastes! Discuss the wide world of anime and manga here!

Moderator: Controllers

Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers

Postby Russzilla » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:57 pm

With a lot of us "old school" "old heads " on here, I'm surprised there's not a thread about this classic anime series on here. (unless i overlooked it) I still watch a few of the old anime episodes and movies from time to time. This is still my favorite all-time anime series.

"YAMATO, HASHIN!"
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers

Postby EricDent » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:41 am

Well you could talk about it in the "what anime are you watching" thread.

I enjoyed the show as a youngster as well.
In fact I used to have the Iscandar episodes on VHS.
These were the really old VHS versions that had maybe 2-3 episodes on them.
I think some only had one episode, since the VHS tapes from just that part of the show (26 episodes) =20 tapes.

I haven't bothered trying to get it on DVD.
Unless somehow they decided to do both the Sub & Dub versions of it.
The current DVDs are dub only (as well as pretty expensive for each season).
Maybe if I get some extra $ someday I might grab them.

I have seen all the Yamato anime movies, those were great.

I am really surprised that live action Yamato movie hasn't come out on DVD/Blu-Ray in the USA yet.
I saw a clip of it in YouTube, and it looked awesome (especially the Wave Motion gun).
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I've been a fan of the show as long as I can remember, watching it around the age of 3-4 (1979-1980) in the San Francisco Bay Area. I got the first series on VHS back in 1988 from Kidmark (prior to Voyager acquiring the title). I just sold those VHS tapes on eBay about 2 months ago. The prints were awfully dark, but it had a nice sense of nostalgia since the opening/closing credits were unaltered. Voyager's DVD's are pricey, but Manga Ent has the whole series (and 4 Yamato films) on Youtube, so I can pretty much watch them whenever I choose.

I also have the live action film, the "Final" & "Rescurrention" (Anime films 5&6). I've also seen 22 of the 26 episodes of 2199, hopefully the last 4 will be online soon. Star Blazers along with Battle of the Planets are what initially got me interested in Anime, and to this day, most of my favorite series are from the 70's and early 80's. Modern anime just cant complete with classics IMHO.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Russzilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:13 pm

I've watched the first 13 episodes on Crunchyroll of 2202, it's amazing, and glad to see Funimation isn't taking a break, and releasing the first half of the series on 3/26/19. I just cant wait to see the 2nd half.

Also I wonder why Funimaiton isn't releasing the animated movie that takes place between the two series....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Bat ... estial_Ark

I mean I have a copy of it, but would love to have a more official one.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby EricDent » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Maybe cause the Japanese side is making them wait?
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Anime & Manga