[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Anyone watch episode 1 of Ultraman Decker • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Anyone watch episode 1 of Ultraman Decker

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Anyone watch episode 1 of Ultraman Decker

Postby DannyBeane » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:44 pm

First episode was released on Tsuburaya's YouTube channel. I don't really have many thoughts on it at the moment. I like the main character more than Trigger's main character.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Re: Anyone watch episode 1 of Ultraman Decker

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:31 am

Got it recorded, have not watched yet.

I did go see Shin-Ultraman one more time with my son (fourth time for me), and a happy surprise was they also showed episode 33 (Mephilas) of the original show! Very cool.
Last edited by Moonlight SY-3 on Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:25 pm

Caught up on all Decker episodes so far. It's...OK. The characters haven't really grown on me yet, and the action is just "normal" so far. I'll keep watching, but so far, nothing's knocking my socks off about the show.

I've seen Shin-Ultraman a total of 5 times now, the last two times included showings of Ep. 33 (Mephilas) and Ep. 39 (Zetton), which was pretty cool to see on the big screen. For me, I think Decker (dumbest Ultraman name yet in my opinion) is suffering from comparisons to Shin-Ultraman...and you really can't compare them.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:13 pm

^ Man, seeing Shin with those accompanying episodes on the big screen sounds awesome!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:24 pm

[quote="lhb412"]^ Man, seeing Shin with those accompanying episodes on the big screen sounds awesome![/quote]

Indeed it was! I was hoping they'd do a few more, but I guess you can't go back after you show Ep. 39.

As for Decker, still watching...this past weekend's episode with Eleking was nice and cute, but I'm still not getting knocked out by the show.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:14 pm

It will probably be a couple of years before I get around to watching Ultraman Decker, as I'm still finishing Dyna and I've got a lot more in between to catch up on, but I think it's great that the Ultraman franchise is still continuing to this day.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Moonlight SY-3 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:45 pm

It's certainly worth a watch. This past weekend's episode was interesting, featuring a bunch of subterranean monsters we're all familiar with (staring with Pagos as in the previews). The main characters still aren't quite grabbing me, though...I'm usually on board by the third episode or so, but we're up to ep. 6 now, and...I'm still not on board.
No worries though, as the action and effects are good, so that's keeping my interest.
~Brian
Moonlight SY-3
Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes