[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Marvel Comics to publish an Ultraman comic. • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Marvel Comics to publish an Ultraman comic.

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Marvel Comics to publish an Ultraman comic.

Postby sentaison » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:59 am

No release date or creative team announced yet, but this could get me buying a Marvel title on a regular basis again. Hopefully whoever they get to work on it will be fans, or at least well enough acquainted with the franchise to do a good job.

https://www.newsarama.com/47990-marvel- ... 2so_JIqw5Q
sentaison
Godzilla

Re: Marvel Comics to publish an Ultraman comic.

Postby lhb412 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 am

..... holy maceral.

I mean, knowing Tsuburaya's intentions I figured a licensed American comic series would be a no-brainer, but I figured it would end up at IDW, Dark Horse, or BOOM. Tsuburaya partnering with Marvel? I know people are going to wonder if this means Ultraman will join the MCU, and I severely doubt that would happen, but like DC doing Masters of the Universe comics I think we'll certainly see Ultraman encounter Marvel characters through universe hopping shenanigans. If you've ever wanted to see Ultraman throat punch Galactus, I think you're in luck.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Yes, just saw the article myself on another site. Would love to see Ultraman face off against Fin-Fang-Foom, or the host of other giant monsters in the Marvel comics of which there are a few. Tricephalus is Marvel's Ghidorah for sure.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rody » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 pm

I'm seeing cautious optimism or full skepticism elsewhere about this - supposedly Marvel's comics aren't that good these days - but as someone who doesn't follow comics of any kind, really, I'm just happy to see another opportunity for this franchise to find footing in America. If it means we get to see Ultraman team up with the Avengers, or something, even better!
Rody
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:37 pm

^ That's my feeling as well. I mean, I'm a lifelong Godzilla fan but I haven't bought every Godzilla comic, you know? Nevertheless, I love that they are out there. I only buy a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of .01% of Godzilla toys, too, but I love that they're out there!

Ultraman hasn't had nearly the exposure Godzilla has in American pop culture, so I just think this is really super cool. It'll be interesting to see how the Ultras and various aliens and kaiju adapt to the new medium. Even if it's a spectacular failure, it's still cool!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:19 pm

The Rise of Ultraman is coming... later this year.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/com ... ssion=true
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the art style of the new series, and the one from 27 years ago look similar
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rody » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:45 pm

The new cover looks a bit more slick to me, but otherwise they do look similar. I think it's the way both covers handle the colors and shading.
I'm down for it; hopefully these will be well-drawn and written throughout.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm

Well, I've read all three volumes Marvel has put out so far and I'm really enjoying it. And with the fourth volume starting shortly we are going to get a crossover with Marvel's superhero's! I like the mythos Matt Groom and Kyle Higgins has put together, they are obviously fans. I hope Marvel and Tsuburaya can keep this series going for a long time.
sentaison
Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes