[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Where to Legally Watch Tokusatsu in English • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Where to Legally Watch Tokusatsu in English

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Where to Legally Watch Tokusatsu in English

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:57 am

While I grew up with Ultraman, I've not really seen any Kamen Rider, other than random episodes here & there. So for me, as always, I'd want to start at the beginning. But if kamen Rider Series (like Ultraman & Godzilla) are broken up into era's, I'd have no clue where one ends, and the next begins.

I know Ultraman 80 was technically the last Showa live action series (Since the TPC/Hanna-Barbera animated film came out in 88 I guess it would be the first Heisei era entry??)

But since Godzilla and Ultraman had nearly a decade lapse in each of their franchises, is easy to distinguish. Did Kamen Rider have a similar gap in the 80's?
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:36 pm

The Showa era Riders petered off between the 70s and the 80s, but it was the 90s where the series actually took a considerable break until Kamen Rider Kuuga aired in 2000. The series ran for every year after that, though due to some of the changes in direction after Decade, some fans split Heisei into two distinct parts, weirdly labeling the second half Neo-Heisei, not unlike the Shinsei term the Godzilla fandom tried to use way back.

Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Talk about Kamen Rider being licensed in the US is flaring up again on the social medias. I'm hopeful!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Voyage into Space, AITV's feature compilation of Johnny Sokko, is free to watch for Amazon Prime subscribers. It opens with an Orion logo so it seems to be correctly licensed.
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes