[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Favorite Ultra Monster • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Favorite Ultra Monster

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Favorite Ultra Monster

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:30 am

I hadn't really thought about what my favorite Ultra series monster was. I mean, there are so many great ones: Baltan, Red King, Gomora, Pigmon, Eleking, King Joe... all the way to neato modern ones like Damaaga.

If hard pressed, I think I'd say Dada... or maybe Metron... maybe Bulton, but just today it hit my like a bolt of lighting: my favorite is Jamila!

I love everything about this guy: love his episode from the original series, love that he's a tragically mutated human (a rarity for kaiju origin stories), and I love his design! In the '60s when they were making Ultraman there seemed to be this moment when they realized they couldn't turn out kaiju suits with the detail of Toho movies on a TV grind and they began favoring stark, simple designs that rely heavily on unique shapes and colors. The shape of the Jamila costume is just ingenious: simple but instantly iconic, and that mouth (grin!) and glowing pin-prick eyes within dark slits just push it over the top. The fact that Jamila is still iconic despite having only marginal appearances in anything aside from that one original series episode I think backs me up, as well as adds to the specialness of the monster.

What's your favorite?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Favorite Ultra Monster

Postby klen7 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:53 pm

I like Seabozu's character. I like King Maimai's design. There are so many to pick from though, so I'm probably forgetting a good one, but those two came to mind immediately.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Gomora and the gigan look alike.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby gila-monster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:47 am

I find a lot of the Ultra monsters eyecatching, but my favourite is Alien Metron. Very cool design that stands out, and it's appearance in Ultraseven was quite memorable.
gila-monster
Godzilla Jr.

Postby sentaison » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 am

sentaison
Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:34 am

yes very much so
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Jirass. Cant quite put my finger on it why though... :wink:

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Specium Ray » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Yeah, there's just so many. Gonna go with Baltan, just because he's so iconic, and I love the laugh.
Specium Ray
Godzilla Jr.

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:25 am

Gomora in my opinion. just like the horns and the design of the suit.
superhedorahsaiyan
Baby Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:43 pm

King Joe.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gargantuan Gargantua » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:22 am

Am I allowed to post this Aussie Ultraman monster?

I still have the toy.
Gargantuan Gargantua
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:29 am

^ I think the monster designs in Great tend to be pretty cool.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes