[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Don Dohler's "The Galaxy Invader" • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Don Dohler's "The Galaxy Invader"

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Don Dohler's "The Galaxy Invader"

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Anybody have this double feature disc? I'm a huge fan of Don Dohler's shot-on-a-shoestring movies, and his much-cherished CineMagic magazine. Any 70's/80's era kid who had access to Mom & Dad's old 8mm/Super8 camera and dreamed of being a junior DeMille coveted these treasured publications. I still have mine - stashed somewhere amongst all my old comic books.

Anyhow... I made a copy of The Galaxy Invader for myself when I accidentally stumbled across a rental copy at my local Blockbuster back in my college years. I know a couple of cheapjack video outfits currently offer TGI in those 50/100 sci-fi collection sets you see in online and in discount stores. This Alpha release is fairly recent, and actually has commentary tracks for the film! Amazing!

I'm definitely going to get it, just like their similarly-themed double feature of Dohler's Alien Factor and Fiend. I was just wondering if anyone here might already have it, and what their impression of the release was. I have no illusions about what to honestly expect from this film or the company that's releasing it. I have no visions of a frame-by-frame restoration on par with The Day the Earth Stood Still when it only costs $5. I'm just hoping for a decent quality copy.

Thanks.
-JN
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television