[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Really Big List of Giant Monsters • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Really Big List of Giant Monsters

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

The Really Big List of Giant Monsters

Postby Enshohma » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello EVERYONE!

I was originally going to post this in a fan-section of the forum, but I hope that the moderators will leave the topic here instead, since this area of Monster Zero is the most universally friendly towards daikaiju / giant monsters in general.

And you'll all understand why, soon enough.

Okay...so I have this list you see, featuring the names and related first appearances to various giant monsters and similar characters from all across fiction. I started this thing way back in 1990...and it has been growing, with both minor and major additions, ever since.

And last time I checked...it was over 300 pages in length.

The 'List' has been a side project of mine, acting as my main source of collected data for kaiju-based information. Especially since most web-sites don't last forever, and when they go, they obviously take valuable (obscure) content with them.

A few months back, my friend Hawanja convinced me to finally do something significant with my 'monstrous creation', by turning it into a relatively no-nonsense Wiki-style website.

That website is still under construction, and being kept under warps for the moment, until I get most of the alphabetical sections / chapters updated and encoded.

Individual character pages will come in the not-too-near future. And when that happens, we'll be focusing only on the lesser known kaiju, as all the famous ones are already spoken for, elsewhere online.

With that said, I am NOT at all looking forward to the long-overdue updating of the 'G' and 'M' chapters. For you see, the letters G and M are the giant monster equivalent of the overt usage of 'E' in the whole English language.

I am not kidding.

The wiki-site will go by the title of The Really Big List of Giant Monsters, and we're gunning for a late December premier date, regardless of the aforementioned G and M chapters (seriously, I am not looking forward to updated those two chapters).

The reason I've created this thread, was to get some feedback and maybe even answers to some character specific questions I have, and that you may know, but isn't readily available online.

And if you want to ask me any questions, or suggest a monster name, by all means do so...though don't be surprised if he /she / it has already been included.

Heck, if you have a birth date, and want to know which giant monsters you share a first appearance with, than let's do that as well.

As for the character specific questions, here's what I'm looking for at the moment.

#1 - Someone who has played both the 'Stylish' and 'Realistic' versions of "Ghostbusters: The Video Game" (2009).

#2 - Someone with knowledge in the "Fullmetal Alchemist" manga issues (NOT the collected chapters) that spawned the two anime series, in order to get some of the villainous Homunculi first appearances correct.

#3 - Monsters who've appeared in the obscure 2011 series "Ultra Zone", which was a semi-comical anthology based around the Ultra Monsters.

#4 - Episode air dates to the 1985-1986 tokusatsu series "Special Megabeast Investigator Juspion".

#5 - The name of that meteorite alien who briefly appeared in the beginning of "Ultra Galaxy Legend Gaiden: Ultraman Zero vs. Darklops Zero" (2010).

#6 - Anyone who owns, or has read very the obscure "Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad" comic book(s).

The next two posts within this thread is simply a posting of the Q and X chapters, as both are the smallest ones within the overall list. The following are just a taste of the madness to come.

Guess All of the Above Monsters' Names and Respective Places of Origin and Win a Prize!
Enshohma
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Enshohma » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Last edited by Enshohma on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guess All of the Above Monsters' Names and Respective Places of Origin and Win a Prize!
Enshohma
Godzilla Jr.

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm

"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!