[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Your favorite Toho Showa *Non-G* SCI-FI FILM... • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Your favorite Toho Showa *Non-G* SCI-FI FILM...

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Your favorite Toho Showa *Non-G* SCI-FI FILM...

Postby akanes_kiryu » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 pm

All I hear seeing that gif is "Kong! blahblahblahblah! Kong! Kong! KONG!" Ugh.
Maybe hate is too strong a word. There's certainly some elements I like. Just on the whole for me, it falls in the more "annoying" than "fun" category. I've tried multiple times to watch it, it just never clicks.
akanes_kiryu
Godzilla Egg

Postby klen7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:17 pm

but... but.... Linda Miller **swoons** she is just so adorable, and the fashion in that movie is almost as good as Green Slime*!

* Also featuring Linda Miller... **swoon**
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby akanes_kiryu » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

I guess high-pitched needy blond Americans just aren't my type. :P
Yeah, the costume design is actually pretty interesting, really sets the tone for the "live action cartoon" aesthetic.

I do still chuckle quite a bit at the wide shot from the soldiers' perspective of Kong and Mechani-Kong's silhouettes vibrating up and down on the tower.
akanes_kiryu
Godzilla Egg

Postby eabaker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:33 pm

KKE is an uneven movie, for me. There are moments that I really enjoy, but I also kinda drift off a lot, especially towards the end.

I suppose the tone of my reaction to the movie may have been set by the first time I saw it: just back from an early G-Fest with bootleg VHS newly acquired, I promptly had my wisdom teeth removed, and watched my new purchases while barely able to remain conscious thanks to a hefty dose of painkillers. Although, that experience hasn't tainted The Mysterians for me.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Silver Kamen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm going to go with the outlier, Gorath. With the exception of Magma, I find everything in the film to be pretty well done. Hopefully it will get a release in the states, some time soon. Till then though, I have my trusty Region 2 DVD of the film.
シルバー仮面!

Silver Kamen
Heisei Godzilla

Banned user

Postby Russzilla » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Hmm. This is a tough one for me. It's a toss up between Rodan and War of the Gargantuas. (in spite of Russ Tamblyn) I held both movies in high regard as a kid, and it carries on to this day. You can probably add Frankenstein vs. Baragon to the mix also.
Russzilla
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!