[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
"GIGANTOR"[Tetsujin 28]: New CGI Film Is A Go!? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

"GIGANTOR"[Tetsujin 28]: New CGI Film Is A Go!?

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

"GIGANTOR"[Tetsujin 28]: New CGI Film Is A Go!?

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Yeah 'Imagi' has been secretly working on this; It's a 'demo reel' for a proposed CGI film version of the classic story. It looks rather awesome!! Let's hope that it does get made.:
Last edited by AVERY GUERRA on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Shonokin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Actually doesn't look bad for a CGI cartoon. Not sure why they Anglicized the characters, but I guess they're aiming it at a Western audience.
Shonokin
Monster 01

hmm

Postby Xenorama » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:20 pm

cg people still look weird. at least it's got more action than the previous live action version though.

still, Gigantor/Tetsujin wasn't designed to be 3-D so the cool design loses a bit with the adaption. same thing happened to a 3-D Popeye a while back.

David

Xenorama
Monster 01

Postby godziwolf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:23 pm

|\-/|
<0 0>
=(o)=
-Wolf
godziwolf
Godzilla Jr.

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 am

ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:46 am

More details and some great screen pics: http://giantmonstersattack.blogspot.com ... ailer.html
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 pm

If you guys will remember the aforementioned "concept/demo" teaser was made by Imagi to convince the powers that be to permit them to make a new cgi film of the characters? Well; now it would appear that they've been given the greenlight and the title has changed to the Americanized "Gigantor"! It's set for a 2011 release date from Imagi and Hikari. Check out our new article with lots of awesome pics, details, and the teaser!:

http://roberthood.net/blog/index.php/20 ... ew-pixels/

Also: VOTE NOW!!!!!!

If you want to see this film happen and come to life on the big screen then go to the official website[below] and after it loads and the teaser plays there's an option to vote if you want to see this film happen! They need our votes guys! I'm in as I think it looks/sounds rather awesome!:

http://www.imagius.com/t28/web/
Last edited by AVERY GUERRA on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Destroysall » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:46 am

This actually looks pretty awesome!!!!!!! I think next to Altitude, I might have something else I would like to see. I love Tetsujin 28 and have always watched it when it came on TV. I'm up for this movie and have voted YES! :D
uhh...
Destroysall
Burning Godzilla

Postby GhostMachine » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:16 am

OH HECK YEAH!

I have a soft spot for Gigantor, because its the first anime I remember ever seeing, when I was a kid back in the 70's.
http://kaijuville.myminicity.com/sec - Please click if you don't mind
GhostMachine
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Shonokin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:51 pm

I'd like to see some citing of sources on the green light information, then maybe I'd be excited about it. IMDB is just like Wikipedia and is at the mercy of anyone who has the ability to edit it.
Shonokin
Monster 01

Postby kpa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:05 pm

I totally agree with Shonokin... if the only source for this story is IMDB it's not reliable. Just a few months ago some people were announcing Banno's GODZILLA 3-D was in production because of IMDB. How accurate was that?

If there's additional and reliable sources of information, then I would think this is great news. But some "common sense" problems jumped out at me:

1. Imagi's ASTRO BOY bombed at the box office. It cost $65 million to produce and has earned less than $25 mil worldwide. It tanked particularly hard in its two key markets; America and Japan ($328,457 in its first week).

2. Imagi has been having severe financial troubles. They already have an expensive, CG GATCHAMAN film in production, and now ASTRO BOY has failed to bring in the hope-for revenue. Based on ASTRO BOY's performance, I can't see the board of directors at Imagi thinking now is the time to spend another $70 million on another CG movie based on a classic Japanese robot anime.

3. The T28 website has a petition for fans to say they want to see this movie get made. Imagi wouldn't be trying to gauge interest if they were already making this movie... instead, they would be trying to create interest and demand for their product.

None of this suggests this movie has been given the greenlight.
Keith
kpa
Monster 01

Postby AVERY GUERRA » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm actually unsure myself on this one kpa. Understand that I'm not actually the author of these articles as I've explained before. I'm these websites' "news hound" and I just gather the news bits. A lot of the time I send them[my editors] materials as a question and nothing less and they sometimes decide it's news worthy or just to put it up to see if anyone can come on to shed some light on the subject. Also the "some people" you would be referring to would actually be only one person and works for a different unrelated website as I've explained before. I came across the imdb entry for that film and noticed that it said it had been updated recently. I didn't see what was new about it so I then sent it to my editor at that website who felt it was news worthy. He ran with it. That was his decision, not mine as I've explained before. Also; as far as it being accurate? Who knows? We have yet to see as production periods can take time and even be extended. I personally don't believe anything's going on with that project.

We welcome any corrections if proof can be displayed. As far as this one goes the imdb entry for the film didn't even exist when the test teaser was released. This was made afterwards and lists it as "filming". It also lists the title as "Gigantor" instead of "T-28" or even "Tetsujin 28". Why would they go through all of the trouble of registering a film there if they weren't sure it was going to be made or didn't even have permission to do so? It also lists Hikari as a coproducer/creator.

I talk to film makers on a daily basis and registering a film there isn't very easy to do especially for a title that hasn't been filmed yet. You have to prove that it exists or that it will with enough evidence or they won't take it. Editing is rather easy but registering is another matter. I've known many film makers to have a very hard time getting their films listed with the site. I talked to one of my dear friends who runs one of the biggest news sites online about this; he's had a great deal of communication with Imagi and even he wasn't sure. He said that he had just spoken with them at the A.F.M. and that they were there promoting "Astro Boy" and "Gatchaman" there but that he hadn't asked about this title. He knows that they are still very keen on making it but he said that as far as he knows 'Gatchaman" is next in line as they're already into that one. He said that it could all be a ploy to get more funding/backing for the project from potential investors. He also said that the imdb entry confuses him if it hasn't already received a greenlight as they'd have no business making it an entry there. We also don't know how long the official website has been up and for how long the vote option has been there. They could have already gotten backing for this film and given it a greenlight and just not updated it's site yet with the new status or for that matter even the updated titling. Who knows? If anyone does know for sure, without a doubt; whether it is or isn't then we'd love to have them come on and help clear things up or varify/clarify things better. I've also sent an e-mail to Imagi to inquire on it's status so hopefully they will respond and clarify things for us. Either way; it is still important for anyone who does care to see this film get made, eventually, to vote on it there to show them there is interest in this title.
AVERY GUERRA
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm

"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!