[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Kaiju Culinary Ruminations • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Kaiju Culinary Ruminations

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Kaiju Culinary Ruminations

Postby klen7 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 am

As some of you may know already, when i was a kid i came up with the "Noah's Ark Diet".. the goal was to eat every animal on earth prepared at least two different ways... Simply based on diet I figure that Koala tastes vastly different from Polar bear which is probably very different from Panda which is different from Grizzly... anyway, years later this is another dream that i have failed to fulfill (why the &#^% did i marry a vegetarian?!?!).... it's probably for the best... although if i ever get a chance to try manatee...just sayin...

Anyway, what do you imagine various daikaju would taste like? i'd hate to think all that meat would go to waste if one were defeated.

Gargantuas: Probably taste like pork, since by most accounts thats what human taste like

King Seesar: I'd expect something gamy like venison, or maybe llama

Giant Condor: Chicken

Ebirah: I'm leaning towards spiny lobster as opposed to the clawed lobster type, but that may be based on a regional bias.

Gamera: Turtle meat

Mothra: While i think the wings and thorax would be inedible, i would expect the outer bit of abdomen to be somewhat chewy like some of the thicker skinned catepillars, but the interior would be very liquidy, which would be hard to prepare on its own... i'm picturing that tasting like a cross between sea urchin and a light mustard... really Mothra is probably the kaiju i'd least like to eat.

Gorosaurus:I imagine that he tastes a lot like alligator, but i bet the meat in the legs is far from the best cut

Minya:I bet this little guy is soft and tender like veal. I'd bet he's probably the best tasting of the bunch

What would a Space Monster taste like? Is Megalon more seafood, insect or mammal? Do GMK monsters taste like fairy dust? Would Destoroyah be completely toxic? If so would there still be a small piece of deliciousness hidden in there like a Fugu fish?

Thoughts?
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Kaiju Culinary Ruminations

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

Destoroyah would probably but similar to crayfish :mrgreen:

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Isn't Ebirah just a giant shrimp, since ebi is shrimp in Japanese? I know that Ganimes is a crab, so I assume he'd just be delicious steamed and with some butter.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:36 pm

^ I like the idea of a Yog platter! Fried calamari, steamed crab legs and a warm bowl of turtle soup.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Godzilla Films In General