[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Favorite entry in the Heisei trilogy • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Favorite entry in the Heisei trilogy

Spinning flame-jetted turtles, space birds being chopped up like bologna, kids in shorts screaming for help...the original Gamera series was a strange mix of wacky fun!! The 90's Gamera films set a standard that other kaiju films are measured against! Discuss Gamera films here!!

Moderator: Controllers

G1, G2, G3

G1 or GOTU (Guardian of The Universe)
13%
G2 or AOL (Attack of Legion)
40%
G3 or ROI (Reven of Iris)
47%

Total votes : 55

Postby dIsCoMbObuLaTor » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:49 pm

dIsCoMbObuLaTor
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:28 am

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jamaal7 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:42 pm

“Godzilla is a force. He is not something that can be stopped by human weapons. He is brutal and severe. My Godzilla will be the cruelest and fiercest in the history of the series.â€
jamaal7
Little Godzilla

Postby Destroyer D » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:50 am

Destroyer D
Godzilla

Postby Max » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Kono noto ni namae o kakareta ningen wa shinu
Max
Godzilla Egg

Postby jamaal7 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:58 am

“Godzilla is a force. He is not something that can be stopped by human weapons. He is brutal and severe. My Godzilla will be the cruelest and fiercest in the history of the series.â€
jamaal7
Little Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Well, I was so busy I almost forgot about my pre-school ritual, but I managed to watch all three Gamera films yesturday while still getting things done.

G1- To be honest, I kind of multitasked and did a few things while watching this movie. I've seen in soooo many times after all. I watched it excessively throughout 1999-2002 (before I got the sequels) and it comes on all the time on digital cable, and then I put it on as background.

G2- Still had the same expanded appreciation for it as last year. I think I like the visuals here the most out of the trilogy. G3 had some great computer generated FX that were blended exceptionally well with the models and suits, but G2 has some of the greatest practical effects and that really floats my boat.

G3- This one suprised me in that, despite it's the umpteenth time I've watched it, I was reminded of just how exceptional this movie is. It's perhaps the most culturally Japanese Kaiju film I've ever see (moreso than Daimajin), and it feels so epic. Despite the fact that Gamera only really shows up twice it doesn't detract because the entire plot revolves around this ancient struggle between Gamera and Gyaos. I love how G3 manages to weave a story that makes all 3 films, despite being very distinct, into one whole.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to Gamera Films!