Legendary Entertainment Launches Two New GODZILLA VS. KONG NFT Collections for Fans and Art Lovers
The Collection of Digital Art from BossLogic and Collectibles from Terra Virtua, Available Starting on March 31, Mark the First NFT Drop Tied to a Major Motion Picture Release
Source: Legendary Entertainment press release
Official Movie Site: GodzillavsKong.com
Official Facebook: @GodzillaVsKong
Official Instagram: @GodzillaVsKong
Official Twitter: @GodzillaVsKong
Special Thanks to Sarah Jarvis
In anticipation of Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures epic action-adventure motion picture GODZILLA VS. KONG, Legendary Entertainment is launching two new exclusive NFT (non-fungible token) collections specially created for fans and art lovers alike. Celebrated fan artist Boss Logic and Terra Virtua Ltd will each offer two unique lines of digital collectibles that represent the long-awaited face-off between these two mighty Titans, giving fans a chance to own a unique souvenir from the film. GODZILLA VS. KONG is now taking theaters by storm internationally, launching in U.S. theaters on March 31 and will be available for a limited time on HBO Max.
“GODZILLA VS. KONG had an incredible launch internationally, and we are excited to bring that energy to the block-chain. Both BossLogic and Terra Virtua are perfect partners for this project as they are true fans of the brand, incredibly creative and uphold a very high level of quality with their creations. We look forward to delighting fans with this collaboration,” said James Ngo, Executive Vice President of Franchise Management at Legendary Entertainment.
Teaming with Legendary Entertainment, Boss Logic is bringing an exclusive NFT collection to MakersPlace, marking the first collaboration of its kind with a major studio for a film release. Fans can treat themselves to a unique collection of digital art featuring Godzilla, Kong, and more, with each artwork signed and issued by the creator and made possible by blockchain technology. The seven-piece collection, curated by Vincent Harrison of iv Gallery, includes pieces titled: “God vs. King,” “King vs. God,” “MachineGod,” “Legends will Collide,” “One Will Fall,” “Godzilla Steps Up,” and “Kong Steps Up” — which will be available for a very limited time for fans to purchase starting at 3:30 pm Pacific Daylight Time on March 31 at https://makersplace.com/bosslogic/drops/godzilla-vs-kong/.
For a trailer featuring a sneak preview of BossLogic’s GODZILLA VS. KONG collection, please visit https://bit.ly/2PkiJtS.
“I’m beyond excited to collaborate with Legendary Entertainment on such an epic event with two of cinemas most treasured IPs brought together for one earth-shattering experience. As a massive fan myself, this one is truly special for me,” said BossLogic.
“This is the first official studio NFT art release, a testament to Legendary’s forward, outside-the-box thinking, and support of the arts in many forms,” said Vincent Harrison of iv Gallery.
Also, in celebration of GODZILLA VS. KONG, Terra Virtua has created an epic line of digital collectibles featuring these cinematic icons, allowing fans around the globe to bring the titans to life in full 3D models. Enthusiasts will practically be able to experience the brute strength of Kong and the towering behemoth that is Godzilla face to face. These Titans and other characters will begin rolling into the Terra Virtua marketplace timed to the film’s release on March 31, 2021.
“This franchise is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. These characters have been on our screens for over 88 years, so to say we are excited about bringing this film pairing to our digital collectibles Terradome gallery via our app is an understatement,” said Gary Bracey, Co-Founder of Terra Virtua.
About GODZILLA VS. KONG
On March 31, 2021 from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes the long-awaited face-off between two icons in the epic adventure GODZILLA VS. KONG, starring Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Julian Dennison, with Kyle Chandler and Demián Bichir, under the direction of Adam Wingard, from a screenplay by Eric Pearson and Max Borenstein, story by Terry Rossio and Michael Dougherty & Zach Shields, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD.
Legends collide in GODZILLA VS. KONG as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Kong and his protectors undertake a perilous journey to find his true home, and with them is Jia, a young, orphaned girl with whom he has formed a unique and powerful bond. But they unexpectedly find themselves in the path of an enraged Godzilla, cutting a swath of destruction across the globe. The epic clash between the two titans—instigated by unseen forces—is only the beginning of the mystery that lies deep within the core of the Earth.
About Legendary Entertainment
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television (Legendary Television), comics (Legendary Comics) and digital media (Legendary Digital Networks) divisions dedicated to owning, producing and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world’s most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $17 billion worldwide at the box office. To learn more visit www.legendary.com.
Kode Abdo, aka BossLogic, is a graphic designer and digital concept artist based in Australia who has stolen the internet’s heart with his creative fan art mashups and remixes. Through his photo manipulated artwork, BossLogic presents a unique take on some of the most iconic characters. What started as pure fan-art quickly gained the attention of millions around the world, including the team at Marvel, Disney and more who jumped at the opportunity to collaborate with BossLogic on a number of artworks including comic book covers, official movie posters and much more.
About Terra Virtua
Terra Virtua is an entertainment-focused Collectibles platform. Using blockchain technology, it provides utility by allowing collectors of digital assets to display and interact with their virtual goods in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and in 3D on PCs. Leveraging the latest in mobile and gaming technologies, their mission is to engage and connect fan-based user communities. Terra Virtua, with global headquarters in London, England, has evolved the digital collectibles market from simply collecting virtual items to completing and showcasing collections through.
For more information on GODZILLA VS. KONG, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- Cameras Roll on Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Entertainment’s GODZILLA VS. KONG
- Toho and Legendary Announce Licensees for GODZILLA VS KONG
- Warner Bros. Pictures Group Announces Innovative, Hybrid Distribution Model For Its 2021 Theatrical Slate
- GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer (and More) is Here!
- GODZILLA VS. KONG Figure and Keychain Lineup From Funko
- S.H.MonsterArts GODZILLA VS. KONG Figure Info and GIANT Photos — Direct From Bandai!
- GODZILLA VS KONG Japanese Trailer From Toho
- GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer 2
- Legendary Comics Announces Monstrously Exciting GODZILLA VS KONG Publishing Program
- GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer 2
- GODZILLA VS KONG Products From Legendary’s Amazon Store
- GODZILLA VS KONG Taiwanese Trailer and Poster
- GODZILLA VS KONG Comes to Terra Virtua – The World’s First Fully Immersive Collectibles Platform
- GODZILLA VS KONG Taiwanese TV Spots
- GODZILLA VS KONG TV Spots From Warner Bros.
- Tamashii Nations Pop-Up Shop to Open March 5 in New York City — Includes GODZILLA VS KONG Exhibition
- New GODZILLA VS KONG Poster From Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA VS KONG International Poster Gallery
- New GODZILLA VS KONG “Gunslinger” Posters From Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA VS KONG Products From HMV UK
- GODZILLA VS KONG Products And Exclusives From FYE
- GODZILLA VS KONG Taiwan Theater Exclusives
- GODZILLA VS KONG “Battle” Motion Poster From Warner Bros.
- Win GODZILLA VS KONG “Exclusive Consumables” Pack From FYE!
- GODZILLA VS KONG Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Press Release
- More GODZILLA VS KONG TV Spots From Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA VS KONG Film Clips From Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA VS KONG Cast and Crew Interviews
- GODZILLA VS KONG Film Clip And Behind The Scenes Video From Warner Bros.
- GODZILLA VS KONG Publishing Update From Legendary Comics
- GODZILLA VS KONG “Projection” Video From Warner Bros.
- Mondo Joins the Battle with GODZILLA VS. KONG Posters and Tiki Mugs